“New location same great Grouper Sandwich”

Captain Woody's Seafood Bar
Ranked #75 of 375 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Captain Woody's is a fun and casual seafood restaurant with plenty of options for land lovers as well. The entire menu is available for lunch and dinner with an indoor and outdoor bar and patio seating.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Captain Woody's has moved to a new locale with a few more seats and a private outdoor area (as opposed to sharing it with two other restaurants in Palmetto Marina). While I will miss the fishing harbor atmosphere this location is a definite step up. Great grouper, fresh flounder and properly prepared shrimp means Woody's hits the mark most of the time. Busy but friendly, I have been going to Woody's for 10 years and will continue to do so.

There are newer reviews for Captain Woody's Seafood Bar

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just stop early for drink and some peel and eat shrimp.Check place out really nice will be back when have longer,nice patio area and outside bar area.Need to stop by and ck out.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were on our way to another restaurant, took a wrong turn, and happened upon Captain Woody's. Since it didn't appear to be overcrowded, we decided to give it a try. We waited about 30 minutes, which is what we were given as an estimated wait time. We were greeted by a friendly waitress, who provided timely and accurate service the whole time. My husband had the grilled Mahi Mahi and I had the shrimp and grits. Both were very good and cooked properly. Our appetizers were also very good - the NE Clam Chowder and the spicy chicken fingers. Contrary to the previous reviewer, the fries were delicious, and not at all soggy or greasy. Key lime pie was delicious. Only our cocktails were disapointing - mojitos were watery. Overall, really good food at good price point.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I came to this place because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor with my family. There was a bit of a wait because the place is small (Target Rd). My shrimp and fish were cook perfect (not big portions like a review stated for $18.99 price) fries were gross and chips from someone else in my party were rubbery. The grease was probably not hot enough. When asked for fresh basket the waitress had an attitude the rest of our time there....and yes the "fresh" basket was the same rubbery. I do not recommend and wish I knew a better seafood place in town!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were given the recommendation for Captain Woody's because I am always in search of a good blackened grouper sandwich. Their most popular grouper sandwich (which I ordered based on the claim on their menu) was fried, which I decided to try, but fried grouper is not my cup of tea. It was huge, though - I couldn't even finish the lunch portion. My friend had the blackened grouper sandwich which was not truly blackened - it tasted like a regular grouper with a little extra pepper. So all in all, not my favorite meal because I tend to shy away from fried anything, but they have an unusually large amount of outdoor dining and you must check out "Woody's Water View". Hysterical.