“Nice setting”

Ranked #67 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Captain Woody's is a fun and casual seafood restaurant with plenty of options for land lovers as well. The entire menu is available for lunch and dinner with an indoor and outdoor bar and patio seating.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Liked the setting and the bar. Food was average. Not my favorite place on Hilton Head for food, but it is fun!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Another regular place for us to grab dinner when we are tired of cooking. Has an upstairs outdoor bar area which always seems popular but we mostly just go for dinner. We like to sit in the screened in porch. Seafood is the specialty so don't expect a meat and potatoes meal.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were visiting a friend whose boat was docked at this marina, and he suggested we eat at Captain Woody's. I was not disappointed by my meal, which was a grouper sandwich with potato salad. I was disappointed by the fact that our waitress didn't see the need to check on us after we had our drinks, our meal, or to bring us a check OR pick up our money. The patio area, where we were seated, was alive and fun. They had it decked out for Halloween and everyone seemed in a festive mood. I would check this place out again, our waitress didn't detract from the goodness of the food.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Last year I left a great review for Captain Woody's. Our experience was no where even close to that this year. I ordered the ribeye sandwich with grilled mushrooms and onions. It should be renamed all fat sandwich. I understand ribeye has a bit of fat, but this was pitiful. It was a complete slab of fat with grilled onions and mushrooms. I can't believe they wouldn't have trimmed it before serving. I can't imaging any manager allowing something like that to leave the kitchen. We waited forever for any extra needed condiments and refills. After we asked for the check it again took forever before we could get the bill taken care of and leave. I have made my last trip to Captain Woody's and also the Black Marlin which is next door to Woody's is just a bad. I'll stick to Steamers at coligny and Hudson's!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We enjoyed sitting on the patio-- outdoor bar area is pet friendly. Crab cake and soup were good. Watched NFL -- multiple screens.
Nice Sunday afternoon stress reliever.