“Great sushi!!”

Kurama Japanese Seafood and Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over twenty years, Kurama Japanese Restaurant has been one of Hilton Head's most popular spots for tourists and locals alike. With its attention to detail and authentic flavors, no other restaurant can compare to the Kurama experience. Whether it be a teppanyaki-style offering prepared right before your eyes or a mouth-watering creation from our sushi bar, Kurama prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients. You will not be disappointed as you indulge yourself at Kurama where we "honor the taste of tradition."
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The sushi was great! The cook was awesome. I was surprised that he was from Mexico. He was great and did great tricks for his 1st time cooking for us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visit Hilton Head several times a year and always stop here. The kids love the food and are thoroughly entertained watching the chef prepare their meal right in front of them. Theres a great early bird special if you are seated by 6. The decor is in need of some updating. The manager was friendly and told us about the reward program. The food was average, but the evening was fun!

1  Thank momof3FtWright
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We've been coming here for years. This restaurant started going down hill about a decade ago. It has continued on a downward spiral since then. The restaurant is generally dirty and the bathrooms are horrific. Food wise, it's OK. Service is consistently unfriendly and genuinely insincere. But the kids love it because the cooks ham it up well and are generally funny, so we'll keep coming until another Japanese steak house opens on the island.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I are out of town and don't write bad reviews, but this was awful. Back at home we go to Japanese steakhouses every month, and There were many flaws with this dinner. We ordered chicken and shrimp, both were bad. The chicken looked old and fatty, everyone's heads turned when the chicken was laid out on the grill. I would not serve this to my dog. Now the shrimp... It seemed like Walmart quality to me. The shrimp was tiny and had a squishy soft taste like it was sitting in water for a couple of days. Here comes the funny part, make sure you don't wear nice clothes out to eat, as the chef was coming to the end of his cooking performance both his utensils he was cooking with flew out of his hands and hit the girls sauce that was sitting across from him and it was splattered all over here. His response to this was " do you want more yum yum sauce...". Oh and also the waiters did not seem to know how to clean up. I myself had to help clean up his mess he made by helping him stack dishes on top of him. Sadly with this very salty dish I did not have one refill of water it seemed like he was avoiding our table. All in all I would never recommend this to any one, I am sure not coming back here ever again.

1  Thank ajn207
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been going to Kurama for years. The sushi is excellent. They have rewards card that for after $100 you can get $10 off the next bill. The sashimi sampler is awesome along with the lychee martini. The only problem is that I am stuffed when I leave but a couple of hours later I am hungry again. As it goes with all sushi restaurants.