“CCHH is a nice course to play.”

Country Club of Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular golf course that winds through wide open expanses, around ponds and wetlands.
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This course was in great shape when we played in October 2011. It was packed with winter residents so tee times were limited and play could have been a bit faster. But when we got rained out of a round, the Pro Shop staff were easy with the raincheck and very accomodating to get us rescheduled before our vacation was over. Beautiful course and very friendly staff, the cart lady wil never let you go thirsty! It's member oriented so for guests the food option is snack bar only and restroom use is restricted to the ones outside the club house.

There are newer reviews for Country Club of Hilton Head

Reviewed September 22, 2010

The course had the greens redone earlier this year and they are now in very good shape. The grass is still taking root, so ball marks need to be repaired carefully, but they putt very true and are very fast. The rest of the course and the club house are in great shape. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful.
I certainly recommend playing this course.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

The greens at CC of HH are in terrible shape. We played there on March 12, 2010 and it was a big disappointment. Also, not sure what was going on but the Pro Shop was a mess with boxes, clubs, and "stuff" all over the floor. I would recommend steering clear of CC of HH at this time.

3  Thank lkydog
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Really enjoyed this golf outing. Pretty unique layout with a lot of very interesting holes. Just when you think it can't get any better, you start getting to the marshland holes which add a new dimension.

My only real heartache on the course were 3 teeboxes... they either needed to be cut or they were almost gone. This made teeing off with a hybrid impossible.

But overall, all of the course was in great shape. Greens weren't fast and they weren't slow. We were all alone on the course for the most part (believe it was due to the potential rain) so the ranger was no issue. All of the par 3s carried water so that was a neat dimension... And there are a couple of really scenic doglegs.

Finally, they had a very nice practice area... 2 putting greens, a chipping area w/sand and a cool driving range (palm trees with markers).

Overall, a very enjoyable round of golf

Reviewed July 9, 2008

My wife and I played the Country Club of Hilton Head on July 7, 2008. I had mixed feeling going into the course after reading the other reviews. Upon arriving, the club house was very nice. Of course, you can't go past the front desk unless you are a member. We had booked with last minute tee times, I recommend using, for a discounted rate of $55 per golfer. They pro behind the desk rang us up for more but I quickly cleared up the issue. I know clubs often have issues with online booking. After hitting a few range balls we went to the first tee. The ranger was very friendly. I hit a few puts on the practice green while waiting for a group to tee off. The practice green was a mess. I told my wife that I had hoped that would not run true for the course. After teeing off and arriving to the green it too was a mess. I could not believe my eyes. For certain, the course came with a heavy price to be a member. Upon arriving and teeing off on the second hole we had a storm delay. As we arrived back at the club house we began waiting around. I noticed on the front door they had posted an explanation about their green mess. It was understandable, as things happen, but I would have loved to have known upfront. My wife and I used the non-member restrooms that are located very close to the club house. As we waited for just a bit over an hour one of the pros asked us to step inside. He handed us both a card for a free lunch while we waited. That was fantastic. Both lunches were quit good and we ate in the 19th Hole. Members and public are now allowed in that part of the club house. Once we returned to the course play slowed. However, after a couple of holes the slower group of four let us pass. We moved right through the course. The course was a very nice layout. We never even saw a ranger. However, if you are not a straight hitter I would make certain to bring extra balls. Overall, the course was okay. It would have been above average if not for the greens. I would go back eventually once I played other courses.