“Awsome golf course”

The Golf Courses of Palmetto Dunes
More attraction details
Owner description: Palmetto Dunes is a thriving resort community with three popular and award-winning golf courses as well as condos, villas and vacation rentals. This oceanfront Hilton Head golf resort provides three championship golf courses to choose from: The Robert Trent Oceanfront Course, The George Fazio Course and the Arthur Hills Course!
Reviewed August 3, 2014

had a great time playing this course and the libations afterwards were nice and the clubhouse beautiful

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Played the ocean coarse yesterday - this is a great track. Very well maintained and offers a great test of golf. Big problem is that it took 5.5 hours to play. No course management taking place here. It's too bad otherwise this would have been an incredible experience.

PalmettoDunes, Manager at The Golf Courses of Palmetto Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

First off, we'd like to thank you very much for playing the Robert Trent Jones. Your opinion counts. As noted in the private message to you, our course manager would like to speak with you about this round. We work hard to keep playing time in line, and would like to know what went wrong for you so we can make adjustments as needed. Thanks, and we look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

From check in to check out-this resort makes the passionate golfer feel at home. I can't wait to come back and play again

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Played the Fazio course this year with my son and 2 son-in laws. Have played Robert Trent Jones in the past several times. Enjoy Fazio because I can hit my driver on more tee shots than Jones. Jones however is more scenic. Pro shop staff are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Doug Weaver is a great instructor! I recently took two 2-hr lessons from Doug - at Arthur Hills and Robert Trent Jones. I needed to reset my fundamentals after seeing my average score rise from 85 to 91 in the last 12 months. I felt like I had my own couple days in Utopia, working on slowing things down - making golf relaxing and enjoyable again. As I practice now, I can hear Doug telling me, "Slow down, Speedie," or asking me, "Which is more predictable, your athletic ability or gravity?"

We worked on putting, chipping, pitching and full swings. Doug gave me a great set of fundamentals and great visual reminders to help the fundamentals become a natural part of my game without needing to remember a bunch of different swing thoughts.

Three other things that I particularly liked about Doug's approach were:

1) He emailed me a questionnaire in advance about my game and my objectives for the lessons.
2) He used my phone to video key points of instruction and improvements in my swing for me to refer back to. This has been a big help.
3) He texted me a week after my lessons to see how I was doing.

How's it working?... Without much time to practice, I still shot my two best rounds of the year the weekend after my lessons (85 & 84). The foundation Doug Weaver gave me in a few hours has made it fun to golf again - and has me excited to see if I can break 80.

1  Thank Michael Y