“GREAT golf instruction by Doug Weaver”

The Golf Courses of Palmetto Dunes
More attraction details
Owner description: Palmetto Dunes is a thriving resort community with three popular and award-winning golf courses as well as condos, villas and vacation rentals. This oceanfront Hilton Head golf resort provides three championship golf courses to choose from: The Robert Trent Oceanfront Course, The George Fazio Course and the Arthur Hills Course!
Bluffton, South Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT golf instruction by Doug Weaver”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Thanks for the great clinic!
I am returning to golf after several years away from the game. I live in Bluffton and have many friends who live and play golf in the beautiful private communities here. My goal is to get back in the fun of the game, to be on the local amazing courses with my friends. I attended the Golf expo and then the 3 hour Ladies only clinic.
Doug was awesome! He was knowledgeable, friendly, relaxed and patient. Helped me and the others ladies quickly make visible improvements in our shots. I am ready to practice again with confidence that I am doing the right thing thanks to Doug! I am looking forward to the next class.
I recommend anyone looking for a good instructor to give Doug a call at Palmetto Dunes.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank renee s

Sarnia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Late April 2014 we played two of the PD courses and Shipyard. While I was told not to play Shipyard by many friends in Canada, I liked it, staff was most friendly here, layout did not try to kill you, but most gators I have ever seen. Author Hills was a complete rip off, $40 each for a cart, are you kidding me. Course was in terrible shape one step above a dog track, very disappointed especially for the inflated price. We can play PGA quality courses in Michigan for $60 with a cart. The RTJ course was the best condition and layout of the three, loved the layout, very player friendly, still pricey, but staff not friendly at all, appears they don't like tourists! Wake up that's how you survive. Ocean hole, very ordinary, they make a really big deal out of this hole for nothing.
Next year I'm going off island like I was told to do, maybe except for HarborTown as everyone says it's a must play.

Visited April 2014
PalmettoDunes, Manager at The Golf Courses of Palmetto Dunes, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about our courses. We're sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on the days you played. The Arthur Hills course was aerified on May 30-31, and the Jones course closed yesterday for aerification. This maintenance work should rectify any conditioning problems you experienced.
We also have to apologize for our customer service - Our intention is to exceed expectations with every guest. If you wouldn't mind, please give the course managers a call to discuss your experience - we'd like to know more about what happened.
Robert Trent Jones Course: Nathan - (843) 785-1136
Arthur Hills Course: Samm - (843) 686-9138
Lexington, Kentucky
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great golf course with unfriendly pro shop staff”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I recently played this Trent Jones course again. I have played here several times over the years while staying at Palmetto Dunes. The course is in great condition, and the renovation of a few years past has remained in top shape. However the staff inside the pro shop were, as always, brusk and business like. Unless they know you ,there is never any warmth or friendliness or indication they are glad you are playing. The starter is very friendly

Visited May 2014
Thank you for playing the Robert Trent Jones course again, and your kind comments about condition are most welcome. We regret that you did not receive the customer service you expected from the staff; it is always our goal to exceed guest expectations. Would you be willing to speak directly to the Course Manager, Nathan? He would like to get some further feedback on your experience. You may reach him directly at (843) 785-1105.
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Trent Jones course still one of the best on the island”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I met a friend there and it was his first time playing this course. I am glad to say the course didn't disappoint. The course is well maintained and has a great layout. It is a bit difficult as some of the carries from the blue tees require both distance and accuracy. The greens were fast but fair. I especially liked the onboard GPS as it showed the hole layout with all visible hazards. You could even touch the screen and it would give you the required distance to that area. It was a great day on the links for both of us.

2 Thank adw49673
Palatine, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“RTJ was the best!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We played both Arthur Hills and RTJ at Palmetto Dunes. AH is very hilly and challenging. RTJ was by far the best of all that we played(Oyster Reef and Heron Pt.)