Review Highlights

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ChadLWR
Warner Robins, Georgia
via mobile
nice layout, good pace of play,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Robert D

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Hilton Head
from $125.00
from $29.95
from $119.00
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews doug weaver trent jones arthur hills in great shape short game pro shop teaching style ocean hole tee times driving range better condition private lesson bag drop hilton head island next year fazio fairways
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There are 3 golf courses. The Fazio course, Jones course and aurthur hills course. The best was the Jones course. Jones course was laid out well. Greens were in great shape and pretty quick ~ 10 on stimp meter. Back side has a hole that over looks ocean, hole 10 green. Watch out for alligators.
Fazio course was second best. Layout was fine, greens were slower 8 on stimp. This course does not have a driving range. They will let you use the range at the jones clubhouse, about a mile away.
Arthur hills was the worst of the 3 courses. The front 9 was ok. The back has several holes that are quirky. Can’t hit driver very often on the back.
All the staff was friendly and helpful at all the course. Each course has separate clubhouses.
Very advanced gps in carts. Shows distances to hazards and front and back of greens and to Hole position.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

played Fazio course, lots of room, good overall conditioning, Very slow greens, maybe running between 8 - 8.5.

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I love Palmetto Dunes....great beaches, tennis opportunities, bike and walking trails and 3 good golf courses. But if you are a golfer, don’t miss the opportunity to take some lessons from Doug Weaver, Director of Golf. He is excellent. I first met Doug 5 years ago at his free Monday afternoon clinic at Robert Trent Jones. Right away I was fascinated by his “simple and solid” golf advice and the way he communicated. I thought about signing up for a lesson but didn’t. Perhaps the resort lesson rate stopped me; something I now regret! Five years later on a recent visit to Hilton Head I have just taken 2 privates plus a 2-hour on course group session. I am a better player because of this instruction. I am encouraged and enjoying golf more than I have in a long time. As a solid player, I encourage the low handicappers to move past the belief they don’t need lessons. I encourage those blocked by embarrassment to take a risk. I truly believe Doug with his deep golf knowledge and years of teaching can help everyone improve, male or female at all skill levels. Doug is warm and quick to put everyone at ease. He emphasizes simple things and makes the technical graspable. He is a man with lots of stories but they all have a point and you remember them. Right now I am trying to figure out when I can get back to Palmetto Dunes to take more lessons.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Without doubt, the best golf instruction I've experienced. Doug is a master teacher. He encouraged and challenged me using a variety of "best" teaching practices. I left the class armed with improved skills, memorable quotes to keep those skills fresh and retrievable, and an increased understanding of the game of golf. When we return to Palmetto Dunes, I will definitely connect with Doug for more great golf instruction.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I had the terrific fortune of working with George Spinella recently at 2 short game clinics at Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island. I was really struggling with my chipping and pitching and George was able to diagnose the problem and offer a series of steps to work on which helped me improve right away. George has a simplistic, easy to understand coaching style that gets results fast.I absolutely recommend asking for George Spinella for really first rate help with your game. Thanks to George, I've already shaved 3/4 shots off my score.
DAVID M

Reviewed August 20, 2018

golf was excellent, staff very friendly, also did kayaking and bike riding while at the Palmetto Dunes Resort.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to HHI for over two years. Now that my kids are somewhat grown 16,14,11 and not requiring 24/7 supervision I can have some time to myself. On previous visits I’ve played all three palmetto dunes courses and figured I would play once or twice on my recent trip. I decided to check out trip advisor and see if I can get any insight on which of the three was in best condition. I stumbled across the calendar of golf clinics and decided this may be good use of time and invest in my game. I’m a 6 index but struggle to stay consistent and would like to improve my short game and striking the ball consistently. While looking at reviews I noticed all the great reviews of Doug Weaver and decided to sign up for short game clinic for two hours. Didn’t hurt he was recently ranked #2 in South Carolina and teacher of the year. When I met Doug and found out I was the only participant I was thrilled to have his undivided attention. Doug took the time to ask questions and observe my game. He noticed immediately my death grip on the putter. He incorporated several drills to help me feel the putter head. What a difference this made not only mentally but physically. He was able to tie this back to the sport of baseball which I was very familiar. Not sure how after all these years of playing golf I didn’t figure squeezing club can have adverse effects no different than holding a baseball bat or making that free and easy throw to first base. I’ve had lessons in the past but Doug was able to
make a connection through his years of experience along with providing examples and stories similar to mine. I will no doubt visit Doug on my future summer trips to HHI and feel very confident we can build on the foundation we started. If you are like me and watch many youtube videos for golf advice do yourself a favor and seek out an in person professional. If in HHI go visit Doug Weaver at Palmetto Dunes.

1  Thank Rollins11
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time out golfing the other day at the Robert Trent Jones course at Palmetto dunes. All the employees I came in contact with were more than helpful and welcoming. I recommend anyone visiting or even locals need to put this course on their list of must play course's in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Great course — as you’d expect, lots of water hazards. Top notch experience all around - from the bag check, to the check in, the course and lunch after... very nice

1  Thank cougguy
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We played the Trent Jones course. What a beautiful golf course. Course was in great condition. Awesome scenery, the turn by the ocean is amazing. We were taken care of by the staff from the time we drove up, till the time left. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank toddmar