“Pricey but worth it.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Harbour Town Grill is temporarily closed for construction.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our last night of a 5 day golf and shopping vacation, four of us settled in for a great meal. The prices were on the high side but we expected that because it was in the Harbour Town Golf Complex. The meals were, special salmon, filet mignon, steak and lobster and rib eye. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was outstanding. Would recommend a visit by all.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I finally relented and paid the fee ($5) to get in to Sea Pines, something I have resisted for two weeks, just because. We went to the Harbour Town Grill mainly based on the lunch menu we read on-line. We're glad we went.
We sat outside to enjoy the golf course view and the exceptional weather. To start they pour a decent Dewar's and soda and Tanqueray and tonic. A great way to start a meal with a view, even at $8 each. I had the Harbour Town Crab Bisque and it was delicious if a little salty, great soup flavor and a few nice pieces of crab. My wife had the Crab Cake Sandwich and she said they were some of the best crab cakes she had ever had, mostly crab and very, very little filler. I had the Med Steak Sandwich (not really a sandwich, it was open-faced) and it was wonderful, excellent meat and great adds with the blue cheese and arugula. A great combination of flavors. Both sandwiches came with Sea Pines chips, not your normal Lay's, these were very crispy and flavorful, a nice addition.
It is a bit pricey for lunch, but the view and the weather and the stiff drinks make it a little easier to take.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

While this was a very nice restaurant to visit for adults, it was uncomfortable having kids here. The ambiance, location on a gold course, and the menu did not really lend itself to young children. Don't get me wrong...the staff was wonderful to our kids. We just felt that we were imposing on the other guests by having the children there. The menu was creative, every dish having a subtle twist to it to make it unique.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoyed my lunch more than I thought possible, considering the limited menu options and my gluten-free diet with other restrictions would likely make it difficult. I lucked out with the grilled chicken salad and loved the honey vinaigrette and avocado. It's typical country club atmosphere, perched overlooking the golf course. I would have preferred a view of the harbour or lighthouse, but to each his own!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went to the Harbour Town Grill after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We were a group of 9, 4 adults and 5 well behaved children. The Harbour Town Grill has a beautiful location on a golf course. There was outdoor seating, it was a gorgeous evening, and it seemed there would be no better place for dinner than outside. When we checked in for our reservation and requested outdoor seating we were told that the restaurant did not serve outside. When we walked into the restaurant there was a room to the back without windows. The front room had many tables located along the windows that overlooked the golf course. As we were led to the windowless room, I asked if we could sit closer to the windows. Again, I was told we could not be accommodated (I figured maybe those tables were reserved?). I was completely confused because it seemed that tables could easily be pushed together and the area was empty. We sat in the back room. The food was fine. It was nothing amazing. Our dinner at Truffles in Sea Pines the night before was superior. When we left the restaurant there were hardly any people sitting at the tables along the windows - so again I was left to wonder why we hadn't been accomodated. I just felt it was a waste of money. Part of the allure of the restaurant is the view and if you can't have it I wouldn't bother coming. If you are choosing between Harbour Town Grill and Truffles in Sea Pines, I recommend Truffles. Truffles does not have a view but the food is better. On the upside, the service was very attentive.