“Golf Trip”

Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts
Reviewed February 6, 2013

large, spacious, 3 bedroom condo, close to everything, grocery, liquor, beer,restaurants (Wild Wings), excellent timeshare, golf courses are within 1/2 hour drive, excellent golf package, pool, bq is available if needed

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Located just 3 blocks from the beach, this is a pleasant resort. Lots of pools, reasonably furnished (just updated in some units) pleasantly landscaped and comfortable, with a GREAT golf package for two local courses: Port Royal and Shipyard. The staff is pleasant and eager to please guests. Units are clean and any problem that arises is promptly resolved (some of the Marriotts should take lessons!) Coligny shops are an easy walk or bike ride from your unit, so it's more than convenient to anything on the island. You will not be disappointed with a lagoon view unit. We've stayed here a number of times and never had a bad experience.

Room Tip: Ask for Unit with lagoon view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tk349
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This has been my first trip to Hilton Head Island and I'm very pleased that I was able to arrange a stay at this timeshare resort. (And yes, being a timeshare you will be invited to a sales-related tour.) I stayed in a 2-bedroom unit complete with 2 large, full bathrooms, a great, fully furnished kitchen and TVs in the living room and each bedroom (no need to fight over the remote control!)

Everything was super clean, no noise from the neighbor's rooms and the staff was very helpful. The location was just a short walk to restaurants, grocery stores, shops and the beach. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return again ... and again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TrueTaurusGuy
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a timeshare exchange and definitely was more than I expected. Very nicely furnished and bedrooms were large and tastefully done. Had never had to do my own towels & linens but if
more little packages of soap were furnished it would have been perfect. Kitchen was very nicely done and had all dishes, wineglasses and furnishings that anyone would need. It was very clean and had a beautiful view out the living room window.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ehbs
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Waterside by Spinnaker on a recent business trip. The location is great with a very close proximity to the beach and the condo was good. The rooms were very clean -- which is always the most important factor for us -- and the decor was pretty good. My main complaint would be that the furniture -- including the beds -- are not very comfortable and I really didn't get a good night's rest the entire stay. Others in my group expressed the same so this may be one area the resort should address. I find this to be the same at many timeshares, so I don't want to complain about it too much.

We interacted with the staff on a very limited basis, but they were very friendly at check-in and the maintenance gentleman who was prepping our room when we arrived was also very nice. My family is planning a trip here next year and I will consider this resort along with others.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We came here to use our Hilton Head Grand Vacation points, and this was one of the Gold Crown RCI choices. I had read some negative reviews AFTER we had booked, so was a little tentative about coming here. Also, I had called earlier in the month to ask about our room, and the woman on the phone was almost " cold", so even more apprehensive about the upcoming stay. We were put in building 5800, and our room had been recently updated, I believe, as it had amore recent style decor than the pictures on their website. The pictures showed blue and plaid, almost 1980's style, but our unit was decorated in maroon, green,tans and browns, so more nature colors, more recent styles. The furnishings and carpeting were really very clean and not worn at all, so it led me to believe it had been fairly newly updated and also recently painted. Quite comfortable, very small but well stocked full kitchen for a time share, ( we only booked a one bedroom unit so were on side B of the units, so probably why the kitchen floor space so small) . The bedroom's king bed/ mattress and pillows were quite comfortable. Usually I have a hard time sleeping at hotels/resorts as the mattress is too firm, not firm enough, etc, but this one was just right. The time of year made alot of the "activities" that are normally going on at the resort stopped, so that was a little disappointing, but since it was our first time to Hilton Head, we really wanted to get out and see the island, anyway. One more armchair for the living room would have also been nice, as I ended up bringing in a chair from the patio to use, as I didn't want to lay on the couch, and sitting on it to watch the TV at night had my neck turned too much with a neck disc problem. The one arm chair there was really quite comfortable, but my husband usually used that one while he searched the computer for places to eat/see. Still, all in all, a comfortable unit, clean, well maintained, near several great restaurants (RedFish, A Lowcountry Backyard were both great), near Coligny Crossing for some fun shopping and bakery, very near the Harris Teeters grocery store and Walgreens, as well as the ocean withing walking distance and so we had pretty much everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The on-site staff at the check-in desk were pleasant and able to answer any of our questions about the area.

Room Tip: There is a lagoon with a "resident" alligator, and alot of turtles you can see as you use...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank loving-bears
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our week in a 2 bedroom condo here. Condo was well equipped, clean & quiet....perfect for 2 couples as both bedrooms had en suite bathrooms. Units are very large. WiFi easy to connect to. Nice pool area. Lots of parking. Short walk to fabulous beach that is perfect for long walks....nicest at low tide. Several restaurants within walking distance......don't miss "It's Greek To Me". Will definitely return. Price was very reasonable & included daily golf for 4 people....just pay the cart rental.

Room Tip: Some of the units are quite dark as balconies look over heavily treed area.....ask for unit that has...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple