“A beautiful ,tranquil place”

Sea Pines Forest Preserve
Ranked #8 of 117 things to do in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk through mushy swamps on elevated boardwalks at this 400-acre nature preserve.
Charleston, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A beautiful ,tranquil place”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I cannot walk on the beach because of weather,this is where I go to find peace and beauty.
The Preserve is filled with animal life of all sorts(alligators,turtles,fish, and birds of many species)
In the spring the wild flowers are amazing!

Madison, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent alternative to the beach”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a great alternative to the beach on a cold and breezy afternoon, or any other time if you like to hike well groomed trails through towering southern pines and live oaks. First note that the main entrance is off Greenwood within the Sea Pines resort property. The location given above is not very helpful. Just down the path from this entrance is a wonderful boardwalk through a marsh that features pennyworts. We also saw a yellow crested night heron in this area. In the middle of preserve is a lake with open picnic areas. This area is accessible by car from another entrance at the south end of the preserve (off of Lawton Dr, I think). Also in the center is an interesting indian shell ring. I think it is possible to ride horses through the preserve. Check with the stables just south of the preserve.

4 Thank Bob20122012
Hedgesville, West Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fasinating”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Beautiful place for walking and learning about Island. Great for photos also. Never knew about Indian Shell Ring until we visited actual site.

Visited October 2013
NewGaliee
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“alligators at the sea pines”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

we drove through sea pines beautiful homes nice senery .My son was thrilled we saw alligators every where.It was nice to see wild life every where not being bothered by the droves of people around.

2 Thank loree k
Birmingham, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great way to enjoy nature”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The first time I explored the Sea Pines Forest Preserve, I just couldn't believe I was 'at the beach'. There's always something new and interesting to discover. On our last visit we went horseback riding through the preserve. What an experience.

I have to admit as the ride started I was having second thoughts as we just poked along. But then as we entered the preserve we came upon a clearing alongside a lake. Wow! The cool breeze, the beautiful sky above and the lake were just perfect. We loved it so much we rode our bikes back to the same spot the next day.

The preserve is a great place to hike and enjoy nature. But you can also bike through parts of it and take in the beautiful scenery or learn a little history along the way.

We love the preserved and it's a "can't miss" on every Hilton Head visit.

Visited October 2013