“Staff and management suck!”
Review of Land's End Tavern

Land's End Tavern
Ranked #139 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Land's End Tavern is a unique restaurant with a pirate theme. Originally a boat storage building, in 1974 it was converted into a restaurant and is one of the oldest continually operated restaurants on the island. The updated menu mixes great seafood and steaks with a breathtaking view of Braddock's Cove. Breakfast is served daily until 11 AM and offers omelettes, waffles and Lowcountry favorites like a Crab Cake Benedict (Eggs Maryland). Indoor and outdoor seating is available with excellent waterfront views.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat here since it’s right next to the place we did our banana boat ride as well as their menu looked decent. As we entered the restaurant, I guess through the side door (2-entrance to the restaurant) we had to seat ourselves because the 5-hostessess/waitresses at the front door was too busy laughing and talking to see guest had entered their establishment. Once they finally noticed my husband and I, we were asked to move to a table next to the window. It appears they want to fill those tables first to appear busy and to draw in other people. My husband ordered a meal that came with chips and he asked our server would he be able to substitute the chips for fries and she said yes for an additional $2. However, when we received our bill she charged us $4 and refused to take care of the difference. She went on to explain that it was her fault yet she never came to us and said I made a mistake and allow us the opportunity to decide if we wanted the fries or not. Instead she acted as if it wasn’t a big deal. I’m kicking myself because I wish I would have written down her name but I do remember seeing the word manager on her name tag. That lead me to believe if the managers are incompetent we wasn’t going to get anywhere with this discussion. The next time we’re in HHI, we will definitely not return to this place.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had an enjoyable but completely average meal at the Lands End. The view was better than the food which was not bad, but was not memorable either. We ordered a lot (jerk mahi quesadillas, fish tacos, grilled chicken salads, bisque, tuna melt, sweet potato fries, there was more). Of the meals, the fish tacos and the soup were superior. The grilled chicken was overdone. The daiquiris were good. It is a nice go to if you are staying in South Beach, but not anything extra special.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Went here after reading the reviews on trip advisor. Disappointed because the upstairs was closed for lunch and the small downstairs area was freezing cold. We got the fried shrimp and oysters, very small portions and tasteless. I have had better from a frozen bag at the grocery store. I had the grouper club and the bacon was chewy, tomato slice was an end peice and again the fried grouper was bland and over breaded. Service was great though. Overall average food not worth the price. There are much better choices on the island.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Happy hour food was delicious, the Mahi quesadillas were yummy! We couldn't finish, our portions were so large. To top it off, the Diablo seafood pasta was a hit with our teens.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

As we walked in, the hostesses were nice but we had a 10 minute wait so we headed toward the bar to gets drinks while we waited. I don't, at all, get claustrophobic but it was uncomfortable to even stand near the bar with the tall tables. I honestly felt as though I was on top of people. I do not like the layout of this place.
The bartender was oblivious when we tried to call him so we could place an order of drinks. However, he made amazing mojito's! As soon as we got our drinks it was perfect timing because they were ready to seat us. Sadly, our waiter was a terrible joker. One of those whose punch line is awkward and not as funny as you would have thought. He didn't know much about the menu nor about the area. Definitely not enough of a foodie to know what's worth ordering from their menu and not know how to make the food sound tasteful.
On a good note, personally, I'm not an onion ring fan but their onion rings are delicious! We even ordered a few extra dip sauces because we devoured them. The basket of onion rings is bottomless. We ate so much it didn't even make a dent. If you order a burger, expect to cut it in half - it's huge! Also, if you come around dinner time, expect to see a cat. Their local cat drops by for dinner every day! His name is Catwick and loves attention. Don't be afraid to let him in, he IS allowed!

1  Thank Anna J