“great lunch”

Black Marlin Bayside Grill & Hurricane Bar
Ranked #78 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: The Islands Best Selection of Fresh Seafood. Seasonal Oyster Roasts and Hurricane Parties, live music, fantastic food and fun for the whole family! Home of the Hurricane Bar. Eat. Drink. Party.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wife and I dined at the black marlin for lunch. Unfortunately the weather was bad so we had to eat inside.Atmosphere and decor were great. Our waiter was good, although has were were being seated there was another waiter seating the table who rudely threw plates done in front of us never speaking. Both our lunches were good and we left satisfied the experience

blackmarlinhhi, General Manager at Black Marlin Bayside Grill & Hurricane Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your lunch! For your next visit dining on the patio with beautiful weather will only enhance your experience. Also visit us for dinner we have the Island's Best Selection of Fresh Seafood.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A cool evening on Hilton Head Island turned into a warm gathering of longtime friends when we gathered recently at the Black Marlin. I had never been there but our colleagues rated it highly for the food and setting. Outdoors is totally gorgeous if weather permits. With cool temps and blasting wind, we sat indoors.

Loving soft shell crabs - and they were in season - I ordered the tempura preparation and immediately regretted it. I should have known better. Heavy batter that soaked up the grease. After removing the thick gunk, the crabs were actually very tasty especially with the remoulade. My companion ordered the roasted grouper...which they were out of. The kitchen accomodated by substituting sheepshead and it was, by my friend's report, delicious. For the traditionalist, the Low Country Boil was a simply prepared, classic meal. My pasta-loving husband went for the primavera and ate all.

Bottom line: the setting is fabulous and the food is decent - not extraordinary, but good.

blackmarlinhhi, General Manager at Black Marlin Bayside Grill & Hurricane Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you! Spring is definately a great time for outdoor dining. Local Sofshell Crabs are a seasonal treat and are great sauteed with fresh lemon, butter and capers! Can't wait for the local grouper season as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We love the Black Marlin for the fresh fish and pleasant outdoor dining. We realized that we have never ordered from the regular menu, but have always eaten some of the several choices of fresh catch - and they are always so good. Our friends did order from the regular menu, with one getting the snow crab legs, which I thought were a bargain at $24. She really enjoyed them. We have always had good service except when we were there on April 12. It had rained and I think they weren't ramped up to serve a large outdoor crowd when the weather cleared. We got our first round of drinks at the Tiki Bar, but after being seated and ordering our meals, we could not find our server for our second round. More drinks = more tips! Still, we love the fish and will return again.

blackmarlinhhi, General Manager at Black Marlin Bayside Grill & Hurricane Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for keeping us on your favorite list. We are focusing on steps of service in our training programs and will keep quick efficient service at the top of our list. We look forward to your next visit and we would love for you to contact a manager before your next visit so we can provide a great experience for you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My family and I dined on carry out from Black Marlin. Ordering on the phone went well and was professional. Our order was ready when I arrived to pick it up and the hostess was very nice as I paid and took my bags. The two filet mignons with baked potato and succotash were excellent, and my littlest one thought the kid's cheese pizza was the best on the island. The problem was with the other two dishes. The crab boil and the lobster boil had little flavor, and the seafood was a rubbery disappointment. It ruined a pleasant meal at our resort. I think if you stick to the turf and avoid the surf, you'll have a good meal. The boils are not worth eating.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We Have tried the outside bar as well as inside for happy hour. Outside for Brunch/Lunch on a Saturday was very good. If you can get Matt for a waiter inside you will be happy with your service and food/drinks.