“Comfortable, spacious and quiet location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
Egret Point by Spinnaker Resorts
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We arrived on New Years Eve day for a week in a 3 BR unit. The rooms are large and very well appointed, the kitchen is truly set up for cooking, and the laundry room has full size washer and dryer, iron and ironing board. As others have mentioned the only downside ishe steep stepcase to the unit; anyone with mobility issues would have a very difficult time negotiating the stairs. We happily overlooked the lagoon, and enjoyed sitting on the deck among the trees watching a wide variety of birds and waterfowl almost every day, it was very quiet and peaceful. The resort provides 2 bikes which was wonderful; we enjoyed the chance to ride on the beach and around Shipyard Plantation. We took a day trip to Savanah and another to Beaufort, both interesting and enjoyable. We enjoyed cookling and eating fresh local shrimp from the Piggly Wiggly in Coligny Plaza; so sweet and flavorful compared to frozen. Our very best meal of the week was at Marley's just down the street from the resort where we had excellent seafood in a Jamacan atmosphere. We also enjoyed Wild Wings, a casual local sports bar that had good wings and bar type food at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Their are steps up to all the units. The units overlooking the lagoon are definately more peaceful...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JenniferMaryland
There are newer reviews for Egret Point by Spinnaker Resorts

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Very spacious and clean unit. The first night we could not get the DVD player to play using the instructions in the property manual. Within 20 mins, the maintenance man arrived and found that we needed a remote for the DVD player which he brought to us within 15 mins or so. The service staff called every day to see if we needed anything. My mom was thrilled to watch an alligator in the pond right outside our door. The bikes furnished with the unit were a huge plus as the trails were lots of fun to ride. The off-season is definitely the best time to stay in Hilton Head because the traffic is a little better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not next to the road. I am sure it would be much quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rjeff63
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very nice and clean property with everything you need. only negative was the extremely steep stairs you must climb to get into your unit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CatherineAnne120355
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Clean, well-stocked full kitchen. Everything was exactly what you could possibly want in a vacation condo. This is a great way to spend a week in Hilton Head.

I was hoping to have my son and daughter-in-law with us for the week and perhaps even my daughter, so I rented the three bedroom condo. Unfortunately, at the last minute, G, which in this case stands for grouch, decided that he did not want any guests. We ended up in the three bedroom condo by ourselves. Well, I pretty much ended up in the three bedroom condo by myself, since G was out playing golf every day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank psycho_maven
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The unit itself is large and spacious. Has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, and overlooks a lagoon. The location is peaceful, yet you're not too far at all from Coligny Plaza where the shops and beach are. You get two bikes with the unit which works out great.
The first day there was a Palmetto bug in the kitchen. I called maintenance and was told someone would be right over. After one hour, I called again and got a different person who told me the same thing. Fortunately, this person was correct. A maintenance man did come complete with spray. He only sprayed in the utility room, however. I asked if he needed to spray throughout and he said no. Well, two nights later there was a cockroach in the bathroom. Had to call maintenance again!
I've stayed at Hilton Head basiclly once a year for the past twenty five years. This is only the second time I've been bothered by bugs. I think management has to do a better job .
If it weren't for the bugs I'd give a higher rating. I know people in the south are probably more used to bugs than I am, but I still don't think that guests should be expected to tolerate them. Nor should we have to spray for bugs ourselves, which is what I did after seeing the palmetto bug and after waiting so long for the maintenance man. I'd prefer to go on vacation without having to worry about bugs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lochfyne
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We had a two bedroom end unit on the first floor.
The Good:
The unit was bright, and comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with lots of pots, pans, plates, glasses and cooking utensils. Coffee filters supplied for the week which was appreciated. Used the bikes that were supplied everyday. Washer and dryer in the unit were great.
The Bad:
Being in a downstairs unit was LOUD! You could hear every step, pee and flush that was made upstairs. It isn't so noticeable during the day but at night it was really bad.
Being next to the pool was LOUD! Leaf blowers on Sunday morning at 8:30. Pool aerobics everyday at 9:00am. We had some young adults that decided to use the pool for the first two nights at around 1:00am. The second night we called the "front desk" and they didn't have a number for security and said to look in my packet that they gave me at check-in. After looking through it (at 2am) I realized it wasn't there and called back. The second time I called they said they would transfer me to security (why they didn't do that the first time I am not sure). Security was very nice and came within 10 minutes to escort the people out of the pool. Also, the lights in the pool stay on all night and shine right into the bedroom by the pool (probably not an issue if you are on the 2nd floor).
The tiled floors in the kitchen and bathrooms could use a good cleaning.
I would only stay here again if I could be on the lagoon side in an upstairs unit. Being downstairs by the pool made for a very long week.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Angeline13
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We had a two bedroom unit and we were very dissappointed! The master bedroom and extra bedroom were the same size and set up almost identically. The main room of the unit was overstuffed with furniture making the space seem even smaller and it was furnished with heavy glass & metal tables that my one-year-old kept hitting her head on. The bathroom had about ten short curly hairs laying around on the floor and we ended up buying a broom to sweep before we unpacked because the broom they provided was useless. The back porch was big enough for the table & chairs provided but no extra room to move around. The air vents on the ground were not secured to the floor so my daughter kept pulling them out, leaving a huge hole in the floor and the floor above our unit was VERY loud & squeaky so whenever the people above us walked around my baby would wake up. The good things were that the pool was nice and big and my teenagers liked the ping pong table and fooseball table in the activity center. It was also close to The Sandbox which is a fun place to visit for children 5 and under. Unfortunately, we will be looking for a new resort next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family