“Good food, interesting atmosphere, needs direction”
Review of Midnight Rooster

Midnight Rooster
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Hartsville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently my wife and I had dinner at the Midnight Rooster and found it good, but lacking in some areas. With some work it could be a very enjoyable dining experience.

My wife ordered the sirloin steak and I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. Neither meal was anything to write home about. The food was good, but just didn't stand out. The service was average, we were ignored before the food came when I wanted to get a glass of water, but we were asked three times how the food was when we were eating. I mean really, three times.

Overall the Rooster is a good place to eat, but needs a lot of work to be outstanding.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We were told they served breakfast. They don't. Only lunch. I ordered a regular coffee at $2 a cup and couldn't even get a refill without being charged another buck. The servers had that snooty city attitude instead of the small town friendliness we were looking for. Our "breakfast" was WAY overpriced for what we got. Won't come back.

3  Thank Meanmom13
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Nestled in the rural town of Hartsville SC Midnight Rooster provides the big city urban cafe venue. Great eclectic atmosphere and wonderful food I'm used to in Atlanta. I love to come here for a little me time away from family and work for a quiet lunch. Don't miss this experience when visiting Hartsville.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We enjoyed a family lunch at the Midnight Rooster with a friendly staff. Our only complaint was their unwillingness to change simple orders like omelets. One of our family member is a very fussy eater, when he asked to have certain items removed from his order he was told basically it only come one way. Other than that we felt the staff was friendly and the food was good.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We always eat at the Midnight Rooster when we visit Hartsville. A funky, hip place that is popular with both college students and their parents. The sandwiches are good and very reasonably priced.