“Best choice in area, great Fairfield Inn.”

Fairfield Inn Hartsville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hartsville
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here recently for a one-night business trip. My work was actually in Cheraw, but lack of hotel choices brought me to Hartsville. As others mentioned, Hartsville has a cute little historic downtown area. Hotel was in a nice quiet area. I arrived late, so I didn't get a chance to explore the area as I had a early start the next day.
The rooms appear upgraded as does the entire property. Very nice. A unique feature is a bar/lounge, which is unusual for a Fairfield. I would expect this from a Courtyard, but not from a Fairfield. As expected from any Marriott brand, property was very clean and well maintained.
Breakfast typical fare you'd expect. I do wish they would offer something that's easy to "grab and go." Maybe some breakfast bars or something. I had an early start and needed to be on road by 6am. Since breakfast starts at 6am, I only had time to grab a coffee and hit the road.
One thing that was odd was there was alot of "junk" stored behind the front desk. I wish the hotel would find someplace better to store it. The things are easily visible to a guest checking in. It provides a less than pleasant impression. That's a minor item as the remainder of property was very nice.
Wi-Fi connection was spotty and slow at times. Probably just overwhelmed as the hotel appeared full.
This is my new "go-to" when traveling to the area. Maybe next time I'll arrive a bit earlier to explore the town a little. I suspect this is easily the best choice in Hartsville.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield I, Guest Care Manager at Fairfield Inn Hartsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for the kind words you had about our hotel. I appreciate the suggestion you had about the "grab and go"continental breakfast. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will visit again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Another great compliment to the renovated and newer Fairfield Inn brand. Stopped here for a night with family and they have a very nice modern lobby with s bar and lounge area to add. The bar even had a bartender. Outdoor pool only that is limited to five feet. Service was good as well from the time I checked in.

The area in the other hand is a bit unique. Hartsville seems to be a quaint historic type of town with a few Things starting to develop in the form of area activities. There is an Applebee's right behind the hotel in walking distance with a really neat display honoring fallen soldiers. There is also a nice huge yard in that same area where they were scheduled to show an outdoor movie but it rained out that night. In town the biggest outfit is a Walmart.

The bedroom or room was very nice modern and contemporary as well. It contained a nice but small flat screen television. As well as a refrigerator to complement the room. The bathroom was extremely small which was a bit of a criticism for me. But otherwise the rooms were nice and very comfortable. The view from the room definitely left a lot to be desired however the hotel is in the middle of putting much other businesses so there wasn't much to see.

I'd definitely recommend a stay at this hotel. I'm posting from my cell phone so I will add pictures later when on my computer.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield I, Guest Care Manager at Fairfield Inn Hartsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Fairfield Inn in Hartsville. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I'm sorry the bathroom was too small for your liking, but, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
I hope you stay with us again when you come to Hartsville.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We are in Hartsville for a wedding and really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel. We came in after 9pm and walked over to the nearby Applebee's for a late dinner. The hotel has a clean modern decor and the breakfast offers hot malt waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage along with traditional continental breaksfast items.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Hartsville, South Carolina. I'm glad you enjoyed the décor of the hotel as our renovations are only a little over a year old. I'm please that you liked the continental breakfast that we provide.

Please come back to see us whenever you are in Hartsville. Thanks again for staying.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this hotel while my 2 sons and I attended the US Open in Pinehurst, NC. Even though it was an hour and a half away (a straight shot up Rt 15), it worked well for getting a chance to play some more remote SC golf courses before heading home to KY. Our stay here for the 2 nights was GREAT!! The staff here was super friendly, the rooms were very, very clean, and the breakfast was superb! You had your choice of making your own waffles, or they had PLENTY of both scrambled eggs and sausage already cooked. There was also an assortment of yogurts and various fruits, plus the normal dry cereal choices. The pool was heated and towels were supplied poolside. Its deepest point is 5 ft. We ate dinner both nights at a local Applebees restaurant, which was a short walk across a nice grassy mall area adjoining the motel. The area surrounding the motel was very safe to walk, even at night. I would definitely go back there again and would suggest you give them a try!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn. I appreciate the great things you had to say about the hotel, staff, and the continental breakfast. I'm glad that the room, pool, and the surrounding area was to your satisfaction.
I hope that you will come see us again if you are in the area and thanks for recommending us to others.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My out of town family and friends all stayed at the Fairfield the weekend of my wedding. The staff were pleasant to work with when preparing for the upcoming weekend, booking rooms and helping with out of town bags. The new bar that opened up with a hit with my guests. They were able to get a drink and hang out at the hotel without trying to walk around town for a place to get a drink. The staff stayed later than normal to accommodate our late night crowd. I also stayed at the hotel the night before my wedding and they upgraded my room for me, which was lovely. I am very thankful the Fairfield Inn was a nice place to house my guests for the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and booking your group rooms here at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Hartsville, South Carolina.
We were glad to help with the booking of your rooms and helping with the gift bags for your out of town guests.
I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrade that was provided.

Thanks again for staying with us and allowing your guests to do the same

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Two night stay. Friendly front desk staff. Regular breakfast choices. Very nice sized room with flat screen tv, frig, microwave. Very comfortable bed. Restraints within walking distance. Shopping area 5 min away with no traffic. Good size outdoor pool and a bar inside hotel. Great stay and I would choose it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield I, Guest Care Manager at Fairfield Inn Hartsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I am greatful to you for the kind words towards our staff and hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and the bar.
I hope to see you again when you are in Hartsville.
Thanks again. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My family and I stay at Fairfield whenever we visit our son who attends Coker College. It is so close to the college it feels like it's on campus and is in a very quite part of town. The hotel recently underwent a renovation and it is a great place to stay. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. There is a very nice and bar with modern colorful decor and the rooms are spacious with very comfortable bedding. The hotel offers a nice breakfast with hot food options. There are only a couple of hotels/motels in Hartsville, only two major chain hotels, Fairfield being one of the two and being our first choice. If you are visiting Coker College for an event, make sure you book early or you'll need to stay in the next closest town which is Florence, about 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.