“Outstanding hotel”

Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Feels like HOME, We were fully satisfied with all services, especially with gastronomy and staff. Come back again and recommend everybody, who goes to RED ROOF INN, Hardeeville , SC.
The room cleanliness & air quality were exactly what I'd expect, The hotel is very inviting and makes from the outside a very good impression.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel right off of 95 this is the place to stay. My room was VERY clean and property is well maintained. The breakfast is better then you will find at any other Red Roof Inn. The staff makes you feel like family and really cares about your needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was torn about spending $115 at the nearby Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at HIE numerous times & have always been satisfied. From now on though I'll always look for a Red Roof Inn. Paid $45. The room cleanliness & air quality were exactly what I'd expect from a HIE so the value factor at this RRI was as good as it gets. If you are on the verge about whether the savings over a comparable $115+ hotel are worth it, please accept my review as evidence that you simply won't regret staying here. I would easily pay $80-$90 in the future.

The ONLY cons are hallway doors are left open so security isn't on par with HIE. Also, breakfast was limited but more than I expected given the room was $45! 2nd floor rooms are guaranteed smoke & pet free so you'll get better cleanliness & great air quality (we have allergies).

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel looks pretty decent from the website but it is run down with a nylon bed covering, old, pilled, and stained blankets, showers that feel like pods they are so small, the baseboard was coming unattached from the wall, the carpet dirty, the fridge and microwave about 20 years old, the furniture was chipped, dented, scratched, and with holes where things have been screwed in, the paint on the wall is chipping, the towels don't match, and the ac is temperamental. It isn't safe with thugs driving around staring and someone set off my car alarm trying to break in. The "hot breakfast" is nasty and there weren't any bowls for cereal, only two types of oatmeal, no fruit, etc., etc. The room smelled musty and it was just in general the lowest form of lodging. The check-in desk is even crappy looking. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Osmart4
yjp715, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Osmart4 ,

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Hardeeville, SC to serve you for your traveling needs. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. In the future, we hope that you plan to make accommodations with us so that we can serve you better. You are a valued customer and we will make every effort to satisfy all of your traveling needs.I had noticed that in your Red Roof Inn survey you had mentioned same thing that you had mention in your trip advisor review.I sent you an apology letter with free night stay in future.I wish you would have mentioned this problems during your two days stay and gave us a chance to correct it.

I apologise on behalf of my staff. Once again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will stay with us again. You are a valued customer and we look forward to your visit with us again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

this place is not safe, my friends and i were almost robbed at 1 in the morning, someone with a ski mask attempted to break into the room. after hiding for about 10 minutes and calling the police the man attempting to break in fled with his friend. it is also very easy to get any key card you want, i locked mine in my room and all i did was ask for another one they didn't even ask me for my id or name. overall dangerous place with zero security and a very apathetic staff. the morning after the incident happen i told the person working at the front desk and she just rushed me to leave saying "sorry" and just shrugged at me. really? my friends and i couldn't sleep the whole night and they didn't even offer a refund and when we asked they just replied with a no. i would've stayed there to complain longer but i was so infuriated with the place i couldn't stay another minute. bottom line this place is unclean, unsafe, and might be the last place you ever sleep at.

3  Thank AndrewNC534
yjp715, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear AndrewNC534,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that when you ask for room key and we did not ask for your ID.We have best practice to ask for everybody's id in order to get a room or room key.The only thing I could think about it when you ask for room key at that time had to be same front desk clerk who checked you inn and know your room number.We do not recall any incident that we had to call cop.We have security camera everywhere and we did not see any activity like what you have mentioned.thank you very much for your feedback, and will make sure we address it to ensure it does not repeat itself in the future. Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This motels Reviews are very deceiving. I stayed around 123 across from the pool .This place is an absolute dump! I stayed here because of the read the reviews But when arrived I was very disappointed. . The room is not clean It's dust and dirt in here from the 1990s. The linen has holes. The toilet is not clean. This shelf in the refrigerator is broken. This lady brought her dog in the pool Disgusting! Definitely won't stay again And pray that I can get through the weekend.

2  Thank Joyoussoul
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Well as my girlfriend and I were driving from Savannah to Charlotte, my truck broke down. This was the third time it had happened in a matter of 24 hours. We were on a little 2 lane highway 2 1/2 hours from home....on a Sunday. So there was nothing I could do about the truck until the next day. I was very upset, frustrated, and fed up. So I could see about a mile up the road was Hardeeville. Hardeeville? I'm thinking to myself, "Ugh!", so I kinda threw my hands in the air and gave up for the day. Figured we could stay the night in some crappy little motel and deal with the truck the next day. So I managed to limp a mile down the road and pulled in to the Red Roof Inn. Now at this point I've got no faith or good will left. My brand new truck had a blown sensor, we just had a fantastic trip to St. Augustine which was all but ruined when we decided to drive up to Savannah, GA for the night. The motel we stayed in was horrendous! And that's truly an understatement. My frustration was leading to arguments, and I had just had enough. I went in and got us a room which was very reasonably priced, I might add. I swear to you I opened the door and it was the cleanest looking and smelling motel room I had ever been in. We spent the afternoon at the pool, which was nice. Not spectacular but relaxing nonetheless. Then we came back, ordered Chinese food, sat on the bed watching Finding Nemo and laughing hysterically. Long story short, our stay was amazing! The funny thing is we had been in St Augustine for 4 days, which was great and beautiful and romantic, but the most memorable part of our trip was our stay at the Red Roof Inn. Sounds silly I know! Even writing it feels silly, but its the small things that make it so amazing and RRI missed none of them. First I'll say, thank you for helping to salvage the rest of our trip and ending it on a great note. Secondly, I'll be a Red Roofer for life! Matter of fact I am in Cookeville, TN right now at a Red Roof Inn. You guys are 2 for 2. Thank you again and I'll see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
#8 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth

Been to Red Roof Inn Hardeeville? Share your experiences!