“Best ever had”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Rex
“Best ever had”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Not much for atmosphere but that is not what I eat. It is clean, the food and service is fantastic. I will definately return. The Best FRESH shrimp I ever had. Mom got fried flounder and thought it was the whole fish it was so big. Got go box and made 2 big fish sandwiches with one filet for lunch the next day. Missed lunch buffet at 11am-2pm for $8.50 including drink so must get back asap.

1 Thank mistyview

Tennessee
“not fancy but delicious”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Some of the best home made bleu cheese dressing Ive ever tasted. We all had fish, crab, steak, crab cakes, it was ALL delicious. Just a hole in the wall, but good!

1 Thank TNACgal
jcwbroker
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T GO HERE!!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Horrible service!!! I stopped in with my mother while we were on a road trip. We chose this place because we got a 15 percent discount with our hotel room stay. The food was bland and mediocre, nothing was served with sauce (crabcakes, coconut shrimp, etc...no sauce at all!!!). Our appetizer was served--worst crabcake ever!--- and less than 2 minutes later our steak came out. We sent it back and said we weren't ready for it, so 10 minutes later they brought out the SAME STEAK. COLD. When we refused to eat a cold dinner the owner--who is an A HOLE-- took it off the bill and wouldn't give us our discount. He was such a dick, the food sucked, and I would never ever go back there. The prices aren't too bad, but for what we got, there was no value in it. I will never ever ever go back there again, and I suggest that you don't either.

1 Thank jcwbroker
aberdeen, nj
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

When we arrived at the Cripple Crab, we were not sure what to expect. We were pleasently surprised by the atmosphere, service and the food. Everything that we ordered was delicious and the servers were very attentive. We travel to Florida every year or so and would definitely eat there again on a future trip.

1 Thank skifamAberdeen_Nj
Alabama
“A welcome Surprize”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

After having several disappointing "seafood" dining experiences this trip we stumbled upon this small but quaint establishment. We got there a few minutes before they opened but were welcomed in to be seated and to look over the menu.

I had the Crabby Soup and Oyster Basket. My girlfriend selected the Seafood Platter, substituting grouper for the whiting (n/c). They claim to have the best hush puppies in the world. They may not be that good but they were definitely above average.

The soup was rich and creamy, the seafood was above average. My oysters were cooked darker than I prefer but still good. I know some people prefer them this way and this may be true for this area. The grouper was excellent. Will come back here again.