“Pleasant Surprise ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Virginia Beach, VA
“Pleasant Surprise ”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped off in Hardeeville on a trip back to VA. It was a nasty rainy night and we were not excited about searching for a restaurant. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was very happy that we ventured out
I had the Enchiladas Special. These were the best I have ever eaten, and we lived in South Texas for nine years
My husband had the Quesadilla Tabasco and it was amazing! I am attaching a picture of his dish. I wish we had a restaurant like this in VA Beach.

1 Thank gbvabech

Kingston, Canada
“Try the "SPECIAL BURRITO"”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Recommended by the desk staff at Red Roof, the mexican food here is authentic and fantastic. Locals say the pizza is really good too.

The restaurant does not present very well in that it is not fancy, nor "chain" quality, but I would recommend it to anyone. A family run business for sure

Visited March 2014
Baxley, Georgia
“OMG GOOD!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I took my family here for dinner after reading the reviews on here. The outside needs some work but that does not change the quality of the food. My wife and I had the fajitas for two, some of the best we have had. Our 11 year old son ordered the chicken strip and fries meal. It was actually a chicken breast cut into strips. If you do not give this place a try, you will be missing out on something good!

• Visited April 2014
Florida
“WOW! ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

On our way to Asheville we decided to stop and eat since the traffic was literally at a standstill on 95. I am so glad we did and found it.

First clue it might be good was the grill/smoker outside and the tortilla maker under cover outside too. Fresh hot corn tortilla chips gave us our next clue that this was going to be a great meal!

Oh my! I don't ever want Enchiladas again unless those tortillas are fresh! While I have had better Verde sauce, the tortillas more than made up for it. The chicken filling had grilled onions and peppers with a little kick of spice. Nothing bland at all. My husband had the beef fajitas. Great flavor from the grill with green and orange peppers and onions. Their pico de gallo was fresh and delish-ioso!

This was well worth the stop. We just might have to stop in again on our way home!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent Mexican food worth exiting I-95 for!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I were enroute to Charleston and in need of dinner on a Sunday night. Not many places in rural South Carolina were open along I-95. We exited in Hardeeville and found this gem!

Los Angeles Mexican Restaurant is located in a strip mall called Aigent Square. You'll know you've found it if you see a person tending to the grill outside. When we walked in there was a crowd of locals enjoying a soccer match on the big screen TV. A family and another couple were there too. I was surprised how busy it was for a Sunday night.

The restaurant was painted in bright colors and very clean. I'd say there were about ten tables or so. While there, we saw at least three other families wander in for dinner. Like us, they stumbled upon this place and seemed a bit hesitant when first stepping into the restaurant. The place doesn't look like much from the road. Once seated, we were brought an amazing, complementary homemade salsa and chips. The staff were very friendly, asking us if we had any questions about the menu. It is a typical Mexican menu with burritos, fajitas and the like. I ordered the steak fajitas and my husband had the Carnitas. The portions were huge. Both our dishes came with rice, refried beans and fresh flour or corn tortillas.

The bill was very reasonable. For two main courses, we paid $20.00 (excluding tip).

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been to! And to think it was just off I-95 in a town called Hardeeville. I highly recommend this spot if you are driving through.

• Visited December 2013