“Not the worst”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
GA
“Not the worst”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

In town with family for a funeral and everything else was booked due to holiday weekend. Arrived after midnight, front desk clerk Asha was very helpful and upbeat for it to be so late. People hanging out on the balcony so late at night. Didn't feel safe. Got the feeling some guests were living there. Room wasn't bad, but could have been cleaner and we did see 2 or 3 roaches the next day. AC was good. Big box TV was like something from the 90's and reception was fuzzy. Breakfast attendant was very friendly. Selection was slim but I got there toward the end. Just had oatmeal and fruit so I can't comment on breakfast but it was the standard waffle, instant egg, micro-sausages, etc. You know what I mean. Room rate was $70 for the nights I stayed, but $50 on the day I left. All in all, I'd say you get what you pay for. It's run down and basic lodging. It's right next door to Wendy's & Burger King so that was convenient and I could hop right back on I-95. I won't be going back, but if you need something in a pinch, it should work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank roxworld
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear roxworld,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm regards,
Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this Quality Inn while visiting the area. The room was ready when expected. It was pet friendly. The beds were ok. The hotel did need some attention to cleanliness. It looked like a major paintimg had been done by very poor quality painters. Dried drips were on the bathroom floor and woodwork. Drip trails were on the walkways. Some work is needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lynn K,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests, and our new management team appreciates your comments.

Harrisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here enroute to Florida with a midway stopover in Savannah. This motel was cheaper than staying in Savannah but was not too far away. We were making a stop in Tybee Island first and this was very convenient.

Our rooms were ready when we arrived around 3:30 pm. We had 1 suite with 2 queens and a separate 2 queen room. The room had a musty odor when we first arrived, but it was not totally offensive and you got used to it after a few minutes. I asked if the rooms could be in close proximity and that was no problem (we were side by side). I was surprised to see that the suite is actually 2 separate rooms. It would have been perfect for the 5 of us if there was another bathroom. That was the main reason I booked 2 separate rooms. Did not try the pullout so I cannot attest to it's comfort.

The furniture in the suite was a little worse for wear. There is a table with 2 chairs in the living room and the same in the bedroom. One chair in the living room was broken where the seat resembled a "V". The table was coming apart and was too rickity to use safely. We picked up takeout at ate it sitting on the sofa and used the other chairs from the bedroom. There is a Wendy's right next door but we opted to try a Mexican/Italian little dive that got some good reviews. The pizza was fair (definitely not NY style!) and the salads good (although the portions were skimpy). Other than those, there are not too many eateries available.

Breakfast was fine. They had the large and the 4-mini waffles. The pre-packaged egg pancakes did not look appealing. There were little mini muffins, juice, and danishes.

The front desk staff were very pleasant.

This Quality Inn is a little rundown both inside and outside but it seemed clean. The bedding appeared practically new and the bed was very comfortable. QIs are not usually my first choice but the location right off of I-95 made it very convenient for starting the second part of our journey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KatieKitty619
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear KatieKitty619,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our new management teams goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I will share your comments with the team and and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Arriving at 11pm after driving 5 hours we were ready for a good nights sleep. It was so hot in the entrance , I almost passed out. I should of walked away then. I booked a room and went to car, it was upstairs. The girl forgot to give me a key. I thought it was with the papers she gave me. We go upstairs with our overnight bags and realized, no key. Back down stairs to drive around to front to get key. Got it back to the drive around and up the stairs again. I opened the door and could not believe it. The room was trashed. Blood was all over towels and sheets laying in floor, lamps and pictures broken and laying in floor. I was so upset. I think someone was murdered there. Well, back down stairs and told girl . She tried to make me take the room. I told her it was unacceptable.
I ask for my money back and left. Total nightmare!

Room Tip: Bad place to stay.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank BEVERLY H
Ken P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear customer I would like to thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for your bad experience. I have let my front desk, maintenance and housekeeping staff aware of the situation. Please do look for us for any future reservation for the improved Quality Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Hardeeville hotels

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Fast, polite service at check in. The room was simple, but clean and the beds were comfy. Breakfast was sparse, stale and weak coffee. Not what I expect from a Quality Inn. The overall experience of my family was a good one.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Meredith N,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and comments about our hotel. Since we recently had a change in management the information provided will help our hotel and employees grow to improve our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

VA
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My mother and I stayed for 1 night in this hotel so that we could be close to the Savannah Refuge for early morning bird-watching. The hotel is less than 10 miles from the Waterfowl Drive and the Main Refuge Office and is very convenient. My mother had stayed here several times before, otherwise we would have been leery of the price for a room with 2 Queen beds for < $50. The hotel is setup like a motel, and we were able to park right in front of the room.. There were no steps to get to the room which is important to my mom. More important to her is the fact that this hotel as a small set of smoking rooms. The room was a nice size, with a microwave and refrigerator with freezer section. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean and neat. Of course there was a smoke smell when we first opened the door, but we left the door open for 20 minutes and everything was fine. The toilet and bath/shower are separate from the sink area, which is part of the room. The toilet room was clean, but the walls and trim needed a good scrub and repainting. The paint and walls and carpet in the rest of the room seemed fresh; I am not sure why the bathroom was not repainted. The breakfast was typical for almost all of the roadside hotels - pastries, bread, cereal, coffee, bacon and eggs and waffles. It was a bonus for me that they included fat-free milk. The eating area was clean and the service there was prompt so we did not have to wait for a table to open up , even though there were two visiting college sports teams. I would definitely stay here again - best $50 hotel room I have ever been in - WELL WORTH THE MONEY you save.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Quality Inn & Suites-Hardeeville. We really appreciate your review and the tips. Our goal is complete satisfaction of the customer with you tips we one step closer to achieving that goal. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Quality Inn & Suites- Hardeeville
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2014

stayed here two days. room was fairly clean and decent. Checked in on Friday and room was not cleaned the next day. The front desk said they only clean every other day. had to go to desk and get clean towels, wash clothes. if I pay for a room then I certainly expect to have it cleaned each day and fresh supplies left. some rooms looked pretty rough from the outside. curtains in shreds. did not try breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Inn at Mulberry Grove
Inn at Mulberry Grove
#9 of 12 in Port Wentworth

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville? Share your experiences!