“Run, don't walk!”

Super 8 Hardeeville
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida, and booked online based on other's reviews. Big mistake! This place was horrible - so bad that my kids refused to sleep on the beds, and brought our blankets from the car into the motel and laid on them, rather than the sheets. The sheets had both pubic hairs and blood on them. The room was full of mold. The bathtub was rusty and dirty, and I was afraid to get in the shower. The floors were so gross I wore my shoes and did not take off my socks in bed. To top it off, motorcycles driving in and out all night, and since this motel allows pets, dogs barking. Apparently, someone had left a dog in the room, and left. When we reported this to manager, he would not refund our money, as we had booked online. Take my advice, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Keep on driving, find another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dotsy T

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is GREAT. I had a nightmare at the Travelodge across the street (check it's review) and drove over to this Super 8 unannounced. It isn't the Ritz Carlton but a WONDERFUL motel. Clean. Friendly Staff. The rooms were nice, the bed was big and soft. The A/C was running before I even got there and I wasn't preregistered. In the morning they have a cafe with scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage grave, cereal, doughnuts, muffins, coffee, juices and a waffle iron with fresh pour-yourself waffle batter. It's also very close to I-95 just off the exit. I will DEFINITELY use this Super 8 again when traveling between south florida and northern states.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eaglefreak138
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The room was clean with new bedspreads but it is old and is showing the wear. The window in our room had lost its seal and was very foggy. The TV was one of the oldest I've seen in a hotel room. On the up side the breakfast was better than most. Chris at the front desk was very helpful. I would not stay again. Too many others in the area.

Room Tip: I should have asked to see the room first.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was very worried about staying here on our way from FL to TN based on the reviews, but really needs somewhere right off the interstate and cheap. It honestly was not that bad. The rooms were typical MOTEL rooms, so as long as you rembmer this is a super 8 and not a Hyatt or something you're ok. The breakfast was good and the price was right. I did not like that the rooms were exterior access, which I did not realize in advance, and the shower head was extremly low. It was only about 51/2 feet up. I'm short so I managed, but I don't know how anyone 6ft or so would get their heads under there without bending over. All in all, it is "OK" if you don't expect much to start with.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Florida. The workers were all energetic and helpful, especially Chris, who told us what restaurants delivered and places to grab late night snacks. The price and location were perfect. The rooms were a little dated, but clean. There was a mini shampoo provided but no soap. There was however a sign stating they would provide any needed items at the front desk. Overall a good place to rest your head after a long day of driving.
On a side note - there are train tracks in the area. We only heard two trains while there over 12 hours. They didn't bother us as you could barely hear them in the room when the ac was on.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here over 9/11 weekend while taking our son to SCAD for fall semester. The bathtub and vanity backsplash were dirty and caked with dust. My wife called the front desk to report moisture on the carpet in front of the vanity and the manager reported that the floor was just "cold" and wasn't wet. If it hadn't been 11:30 at night, we would have left and found another hotel...however, we grinned and bared it for the night. Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Hardeeville on the way home...much nicer and very clean!

Room Tip: floor was wet and bathtub and backsplash were dirty
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peteguy
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The manager on duty when we arrived was perfect for worn out travelers.He was most helpful concerning our small dog and what was available to us as far as having food delivered .Then in the morning when we went for their hot breakfast. We were greeted by HD and he severed our breakfast to us.He thanked us for spending the night and ask us to please return. BUT the best part of our stay there, was the affordability.
Thanks for a pleasant night on a long trip;
George Painter (son)