“Nice Time”

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Nice Time”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went here mainly because my mom wanted to go and I was pleasantly surprised. When we initially arrived, we were underwhelmed. The park is a 4 mile loop and gets better as you keep going. The last half or so of the drive is through beautiful live oak trees and marshes. We saw a variety of wildlife including several gators. There was a part of the marsh covered with lily pads, which I really loved. This place is just outside of Savannah and worth the drive!

Visited May 2013

Hoschton, Georgia
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Lovely and peaceful 4-mile driving tour”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This refuge is about 7 miles north of Savannah off US 17. If you stop at the Visitors Center at the entrance (open Monday-Saturday, 9:00-4:30), they will show you how to access the 4-mile drive and give you a map (Four-mile drive is open 7 days from sunrise to sunset.) There is no fee. We visited on a lovely spring day and thoroughly enjoyed our leisurely drive through the refuge. It is mostly swamp and wetland but we drove through a few areas of hardwoods with Spanish moss. Spotted a turtle and small alligator on a log in a pond in one area. Very scenic and the price was right :)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Norma W
Warner Robins, Georgia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Great Park!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was such a neat drive. We saw lots of birds towards the beginning but I was really hoping to see some alligators! Towards the middle/end of the drive is where we saw quite a few!! This was a fun drive and the staff at the Nature Center are very helpful and friendly. We went through the museum there as well. I would like to return sometime soon!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jessica L
Wales, Massachusetts
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A patient drive reveals a lot of wildlife”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have visited the free sanctuary every time we visit the Savannah area. We usually take about three or four hours to take the 4.5 mile drive through the sanctuary, stopping many times to watch and take pictures of the birds, 'gators, and many other animals. We usually visit in January and are always busy spotting interesting sights.

Visited March 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Day hiking in a true nature preserve”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I first started hiking here many years ago. It is a fascinating place, walking on the embankments of old rice ponds, filled now with ducks, geese, and alligators. There is plenty of plant life also. Many hawks and other bird life including at one time a pair of nesting eagles. I have even come upon swans, though I imagine that was a rare event. The loop I used to like is about 5 miles in length and is perfect for a leisurely hike. I always packed a lunch and stopped at the half way point for a nap in the tall grass, and watched for the eagles overhead.

Visited August 2012