“Good Southern Cooking”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great food! The fried okra was so fresh and the mac and cheese was the best I've ever had! This is an inexpensive Mom and Pop place. There is nothing fancy here. I had the fried chicken livers and my son had the fried fish, both were wonderful.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Arrived about 8:15 p.m. on a Wednesday night. Counter order person related that they were out of any seafood. Ordered the fried chicken plate which includes two sides. My husband ordered the barbecued chicken. Our sides were the jambalaya rice, coleslaw and green beans. Very good...rice was authentic-tasting jambalaya, coleslaw was creamy and crunchy and green beans had a spicy sauce. Fried chicken (white quarter) was okay, barbecued chicken (white quarter) was excellent. Also came with a homemade, yeasty dinner roll. Just a small diner, not much seating area. Worth a visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Traveling home from Florida, stopped to get gas. Noticed the place, went in with intentions of buying chicken even if it was 10 o'clock in the morning. 4 people ordered before me, and there was one person behind the counter. Let's just say my pit stop turned into a 40 minute unwanted delay. Once I got my breakfast I was angry, I didn't get my money's with. I was charged $7.70 for a half a sausage, a mini salmon patti, and a small scoop of grits. Not worth the delay, and avoid if only one person is in there.

1  Thank MsThang757
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stopped for gas on the way north from FL. Thought I'd try a non-chain place for a change. Got an excellent oyster po-boy. I'm still lickin my lips!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Read the reviews expected good local food for lunch. Chopped bbq tasty but French fries cold and sides of beans and candied yams were right out of a can. Avoid