“BAIT & SWITCH”

Knights Inn Hardeeville
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The billboard on I-95 could NOT be more simple or in plainer English.

$28.00 a night.

Upon checking in, neither the older woman or young boy spoke enough English to adequately and properly conduct business with an American customer base.
Regardless - the woman (who was obviously in charge) REFUSED to honor the $28.00 price, saying that was the price for 1 person (there were 2 of us).
I pointed out the fact that the sign said NOTHING about limiting the number of guests.
She would not budge from her $34.95 price.

We went elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rkhawg
KnightsInn203, Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

The sign on I-95 reads $28.95+tax and up. $28.95 is the base rate for one person and the rate increases depending on the number of persons. The manager you refer to explained to you that rate is for one person, as i have informed you earlier, she quoted you a rate for two persons since there were two, as you had pointed out in your review. That is why the sign and up. Just to inform you, the woman has a Bachelor of Science degree with full honors. (in america)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Still driving to Florida and after the detour Maggie took us through, again, late we stopped at the first place, literally, off the highway. The front desk is ancient(I'm being kind) and when the father ahead of us said it was just to sleep after they used the pool, we decided to stay. The room provided sleep. In the morning, hubby went to check the pool and came back with a disgusted look on his face. He said the water was green and had grass in it. I refused to go see it. No funky smell in the room and the night clerk was very nice.

Room Tip: If not too tired keep going.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
KnightsInn203, Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I saw your review on tripadvisor. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time from your schedule to write about your experience at the Knights Inn of Hardeeville, South Carolina. I will tell the staff about your comment.
The pool had grass clippings from the landscapers mowing.
The pool operator adduced chemicals in the morning, before the grass was cut, to
maintain proper levels so you would you clear blue water, but it takes approximately 30-40 minutes for the chemicals to affect.
Once again we would like to apologize for bad experience.

Management

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked a room and immediately went back to the front desk for a refund. There was a dead cockroach on the floor, the bathroom door didn't even shut, hairs in the sink.... absolutely disgusting. Then the front desk gave us a hard time about giving us a refund. We watched 3 other people leave besides us. I would never recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank lndzd
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don't expect much and bring what you need. They have no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no ironing board, no alarm clock, no microwave and no fridge. They do have an ice bucket, but I couldn't find any ice and none of the soda machines worked. Not to complain but the carpeted floor could trip you if you weren't careful. All in all it sufficed for a place to stay to so I could visit friends in Beaufort SC and not have the hassle of a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house. one way. And oh yea they did have a 19" tv with good reception and I only killed 1 small roach. Thank goodness for Wyndham Points. One more thing I would like to add, in 2010 they had an award for the best remodeled motel. Imagine what it was like before?

Room Tip: Stay here only in a pinch.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
KnightsInn203, Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

First I want to thank you for taking time to post your comments. The management would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had gone through. We have rooms with microwaves and fridge. If you had requested that you want a room with microwave/fridge we would have given you a room with these in the room. Iron, Ironing board and dryer are available upon request. We do not have coffee pots in the room, but we serve a hot breakfast in the morning. We do not have alarm clocks in the rooms we provide a wake up service upon request. The ice machine is located in the breeze way. We are proud of the award we received and we continually strive to maintain the award status. Once again please accept our apologies THANK YOU
management

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Usual booing in advance for the online discount. 2 minutes off I-95.Quite a few motels in the area so good choice of places to stay. Very nice motel, quick check-in.Very nice clean room, well-prepared, no problems, and had a good nights sleep. Plenty of eating places the other side I-95 just a couple of minutes drive away, just a Wendy's within walking distance if you want a quick bite to eat.Gets my vote.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank john461212
KnightsInn203, General Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I saw your review on tripadvisor. It made my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time from your schedule to write about your experience at the Knights Inn of Hardeeville, South Carolina.
I will tell the staff about your comment. They will be thrilled that they did a great job to
make your stay at Knights Inn a pleasant one.
Please inform your friends about Knights Inn and come back and see us again

Reviewed March 23, 2013

First off we found a dead water bug in the room and another in the shower. The AC was not working properly and the tissue box was empty. The towels are tiny and only three were provided for the two of us. The breakfast gave a new definition to the word minimal. Definitely a bottom-of-the barrel experience. Roro

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank rororo13
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you want a decent hotel that will do its best to please their guests and give reasonable service so that you better enjoy your stay, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! This place was a nightmare! Our smoke detector was hanging by wires in the room, the hinge to one side of the toilet was missing (so you slipped to one side when you sat down) the latch to the bathroom door didn't work, there were ROACHES crawling in our beds, cigarrette burns on our pillows and sheets, the tub WOULD NOT DRAIN and the maid attempted to enter our room without even knocking, thank goodness we had the door latch on. When we brought all this to the managers attention we were yelled at and made to look like liars that "should have said something when you got here" about all that was wrong and whats worse, NOTHING was done to remedy ANY of the problems we were expiriencing. Please do yourself a favor and don't stay here, they suck at what they do!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends