“Our stay”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Orlando, Florida
“Our stay”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This motel is well worth the price, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Additionally we experienced a problem with the toilet and the owner addressed the problem within twenty minutes. The motel is family run, and a comfortable place to stop on the way to your final destination.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KnightsInn203, General Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
19527 Whyte Hardee Blvd
Hardeeville, South Carolina 29927
(843) 784 2196
(843) 784 3312 Fax
December 31, 2012

Thank You for taking the time out of your schedule to comment about your stay.
The knights Inn of Hardeeville, South Carolina would like to thank you for your kind
words you had written. From all us at Knights Inn best wishes for the coming new year, Happy New Year

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Palatine
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was one of seven hotels we used on a long family road trip. We had two rooms booked for an overnight stop, relying on the "average" rating it had on tripadvisor. We just needed a place to sleep and it the purpose, but barely. We were disappointed. Rooms were sparcely furnished (two plastic disposable glasses, two thin bath towels, one hand towel and the night clerk wasn't able to get us an extra bath towel). Bugs in one room and loose tile on the wall in the shower. Carpets in both rooms badly soiled. Breakfast was bare minimum. It was the worst of the seven, but to be fair, the price was also cheapest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Villa Rica, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I made the mistake of reserving a room at this roach hotel to try and save a few $ for a Tybee Island destination wedding... what I got what a night of no sleep. When we arrived late I knew something was strange because I was getting my room key through a glass (meant no doubt to protect the nighttime worker from danger). As we opened the door to our king sized, non-smoking room the first thing we noticed was the musky air. The second thing we noticed (as we closed the door) was a strange sticky substance that ran from eye-level to the weather stripping at the bottom (which was hanging off). Without much word, I cleaned the dead fly off the floor (because it was dead, after all) and entered the bathroom. When I flicked on the lights I waited as the small bug ran to hide back in the wall - and for my stomach to stop turning. We instantly pulled the covering blanket off the bed (which we do at all but the nicest of places) to reveal the under cover and sheet. After examination, it was clear from the cigarette holes that this blanket had not only been used in a smoking room - but judging from the hairs that were still in it - had probably not been washed recently. We removed it from the bed, also. We then inspected the sheets - which appeared to be clean. We decided against using the pillows, because while they had sheet pillow cases, the pillows themselves were exposed without any sort of liner. Luckily, we brought our pillow from home. The floorboard trip was scuffed beyond cleaning, the bathroom door appeared to have been removed directly from a trailer - halfway painted - and put in the room. Even the handle for the main door was covered in "something sticky" - and we didn't bother to grab the "do not disturb sign" which was stuck to the back of the door halfway down. The ceiling was the cheap drop down ceilings you see in strip mall offices - complete with a fluorescent light over the table (which was nicely next to the $20 microwave and non-matching college-esk mini-fridge). The shower head was made for someone under 5-feet tall and the towels we were given wouldn't fit around my leg. To be fair, they appeared to have been washed at some point recently. Even the curtain covering the window - which would ideally be the least used piece of furniture in the room - was filled with holes that allowed the morning light to come in at sunrise. The AC did work - at least enough to cover the musk smell. We had to acquire a hair dryer and iron from the front desk (we didn't bother asking for the alarm clock that was missing - or the Wi-Fi that the website promised). I didn't see an open networks when I tried (for the record).

I listed as many details as I could force myself to remember. I've stayed in some awful places. I've lived in living rooms in New York City. I would never - I say again - NEVER recommend this establishment to anyone.

My next email will be to the Wyndham Hotel Group to find out why this place received an award 2 years ago (which is proudly displayed in the office - right behind the staff who are all dressed as though they slept in the next room).

The only positive thing I can say, is that the TV worked - we weren't robbed - and every person who worked there that we interacted with was personable and friendly.

One last thing. We were in the room for 2 nights (we left early before the second) and nobody ever came by to clean the room - we were in the room during cleaning hours.

Room Tip: If you want a clean room, stay out of Hardeeville!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you want cheap you got it, seen roaches in room. Bed was so small thought I was gonna fall off pillow was small too like a cotton ball. Hope you are not to tall because the shower head is super low. WIFI very weak, ended up using signal from near by hotels. On the good side it appeared to be clean did not smell and staff was nice so if your on a budget guess this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KnightsInn203, Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank You for taking time to providing a review for Knights Inn. We would like to apologize for bad experience. We have contact the pest control company that services the property to check on any pest infestation and have taken appropriate action where ever it was needed. (only 2 rooms out of 108). Were sorry your about the room having a small bed, but if you had mentioned this to the front office they would have moved you to a bigger bed and provided different pillows. We have low rates to stay in competition with other hotels that is why people get the impression that this is a cheap hotel.
Once again we appreciate the time you took to inform us of the problems you and we are correcting the issues. Thank You
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights while job searching.. it was adequate and VERY clean. I was not looking for a high end property, I was looking for a clean, cheap motel and that's exactly what this is. The WiFi worked consistently, the room was clean, and the bed was comfy - that's all I needed. The price was very inexpensive and the staff was really nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
KnightsInn203, Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank You for taking the time out from your schedule to write about your experience at Knights Inn of Hardeeville, SC. Thank You for your truthfulness in commenting about our services,room and rates.
We try our very best to ensure each guest is satisfied with their stay. We wish you the best in your endeavors and we hope you will choose Knights Inn for your future stay.
Kiran manager
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a motel - not a hotel. It is older, but our non-smoking room was completely odor free: no smoke, mustiness, or cleaning chemicals odor and I walked around in white socks without turning them grey. We arrived very late and were late checking out, but got no hassles from management.

It's a little off I-95, but at least a quarter less expensive than the motels & hotels right at the interchange. Great for a one night stay while traveling.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KnightsInn203, General Manager at Knights Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay at the Knights Inn Hardeeville. Many thanks
For leaving your complimentary review on Trip Advisor. I have shared your positive comments
With our staff as we are all delighted to be at your service. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Rutland, Vt
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place was HORRIBLE!!! To give them the benefit of the doubt my best guess is they bought it a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to fix ANYTHING yet. The furniture is falling apart. The bathroom grout was disgusting. The sheets were too smal and wouldn't stay on the bed and yes there were even buds crawling on the walls. But wait it gets better. The people on the second floor (in the room above us) and the floor boards creaked and groaned with every step. The most ridicoulous part was they charged nearly $75 a night. If hadn't had made the reservations thru one of those prepaid deals I would have walked out. Save yourself some time. Avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay at the place across the street or down the street, anyplace but here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head

Been to Knights Inn Hardeeville? Share your experiences!