Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A nice place to stay as are most HI Exprees locations. The area around this hotel is not quite as nice as most HIEx locations. Clean rooms, good service and a handy location just off I-9.
Great Blue Bell Ice Crean store across the street.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for the first time on a return trip to Florida. The hotel is conveniently situated right off the highway. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful when we asked for a suggestion for dining. The room was very clean and comfortable with the bathroom being larger then most in this price range and well stocked with towels and immediacies. Breakfast choices were also plentiful and good. The only complaint I have is that the walls are not as soundproof as they should be as we could easily hear the people in the next room talking and even heard a little snoring at night! I would definitely stay here again but ask for a room away from the other guest.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room away from other guests.....thin walls.
2  Thank Jo252
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We wanted a place to stay near Savannah and Hilton Head. This was a great central location, but nothing was really around... More for a trucker stopping in and leaving in the morning, and not to the vacationer. This is right off the highway, so easy access everything. We enter the lobby, standard and a bit small. Noticed a self-serve coffee center between the counter and the elevators. Coffee was not refilled much as we had to ask every time if they were making more coffee. The coffee was weak and not strong. Check in was standard, the attendant was nice and chit chatted a lot about whats going on in Savannah (where we were visiting). The attendant in the morning was also chit chatty as well, however, she was also reading Fifty Shades of Gray and joked about it, not professional. We got to our room and off the bat is seem cleaned. The next morning I went to take a shower and while showering I noticed a dirty dingy bathing towel on the shower rod. I asked my husband if he had used a towel, he said no... I'm officially grossed out. I then went to get a bath towel and there was just one bath towel. There was also missing items from the shower caddy too, soaps, etc...) Odd... I called down to frontdesk and before I herd a "hello, etc..." The person on the phone was chit-chatting to someone else and after their conversation was over, she said... "hehello" in a non-professional tone (like an I don't care way), she did not say her name and did not say can I help you, just said "Yes?" I told her about the dirty towel and missing bath towels and she said she will have the "supervisor" come and clean it up asap. I told her that it didn't seem like the bathroom was really cleaned up at all, and I asked her about compensations, as I am without what we had paid for. No apologies at all about the conditions of the room, (almost like it something that she heard before). She told me b/c we bought our room with a third party (Hotels.com) that she can't comp a room, but that she will give thirty dollars back. I had no choice but to accept it. Within an hour (not asap) the cleaning attendant called the room and said, whats you need your room cleaned? I asked who she was, she said "Housekeeping" so I asked to speak with the her adviser, and she said (in a harsh tone) "I am the supervisor, do you need your room cleaning?" I was appalled! I told her that I just need to the bathroom cleaned and restocked as it should have been, we got the room and the bathroom was uncleaned and unfreashened (It also smelled like sewage when we first got into the room, but I didn't tel her that, b/c she was already upset I was even having her clean). Within 30 mins she came to our room (she looked very young, like in her early 20's) thinking that this is no way a supervisor of housekeeping. So I asked her, are you the supervisor, she said, I am the supervisor for this floor, I can't clean if you are in the room. I told her that everyone else said you would clean and refereshen the bathroom, and that the sleeping area was already cleaned and nothing was wrong with that part, just that the bathroom was never cleaned and they we were missing shower items and towels and that there was a dirty towels (I was surprised that I had to explain myself AGAIN), they must have a communication issue between staff members. She then kinda stomped away to her cart and took some things out and started to clean the bathroom while we were there. I think she was angry at us for staying in the room, my thoughts were, why tell us that someone will come ASAP and clean our bathroom, if they aren't supposed to clean the room while there is a guest in there. Also, this is the first hotel I have ever needed to be out of the room to have the room cleaned. What are they doing that I can't see...? Trust and security was depleting the more I thought about her actions and how they talked to us. After she was done cleaning she didn't even check if we were ok with it, she just left and didn't even let us know she was even done. Odd again. We decided that we were not going to ask of their services again, and just went about our business vacationing. Baby crying across the hall way and we could hear her cry for two days, and the man next door must of had sleep apnea, that was how thin these walls and halls were. Parking was ok, however, truckers truck was taking up 4-5 spots... and people was standing/loitering about the parking area... I was not feeling safe without my husband with me walking to and from the car. I will pay more next time for a better staff (common courtesies), cleaner rooms, thicker walls, and safer parking. Never will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't expect much if you do decide to stay here, b/c IF the room happens to be clean, then it...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindi W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I am so sorry that you were not happy with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. My front desk clerk did tell me about offering you a discount on your room, however when you book with an online company their company credit card is what we have on file. As far as the attendant cleaning your room, this is our hotel policy to not clean a room with the customer present. This is a security measure for our staff, to prevent them from being physically assualted by someone behind closed doors. I can assure you we strive for excellence in providing a clean, comfortable room for all our customers. If you would like to personally contact me at the hotel, I will be glad to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I chose this hotel on our trip to the South as it was conveniently located off the highway and one of the few in the area that had an indoor pool. The reviews on tripadvisor were generally good, so I was expecting a great stay, but that quickly changed as I arrived. The woman who was working the front desk was very unpleasant, and appeared liked she wasn't enjoying her job. Not very helpful either when asking for directions.

Room was nothing special, but generally clean. The noise of the trains at night though made it hard to get a good night's sleep.

Indoor pool was great since the weather wasn't. Breakfast was o k but definitely nothing to write home about. Typical free breakfast fare. Only the Residence Inn exceeded my expectations in that regard.

Overall, okay but I think I would look elsewhere next time if in the area again.

1  Thank TOtravlr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear TOtravlr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience our front desk staff may have caused. I will follow up with front office to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express looks to be relatively new. The building and room was clean and comfortable. I did not rate the breakfast because I left before the dining room was open.

I left early because between the hours of 8 PM and 4 AM I heard 5 trains with whistles blowing. I asked the front desk clerk where the tracks were and he said across the street.

I rate the location as good only because it's right off interstate 95. Otherwise, there was no consideration of noise when this location was picked.

I would not recommend this hotel unless your a very sound sleeper.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel ask for a room opposite the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BusdriverPhil
Cindi W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I am very sorry that the Train Whistle disturbed your sleep. Unfortunately we recently had a fatal accident at a nearby train crossing, so the Engineer now blows his whistle longer and louder. That combined with the lack of leaves on the trees this time of year means that we do hear the whistle more. We are working on a solution to this so that our customers who are on that end of the building may have a more comfortable nights rest.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very good Holiday Inn Express property. The check-in service was efficient and polite. The room was clean and the shower had good water pressure and was hot. The standard free breakfast was well-stocked with the best cinnamon buns. Lobby has a fireplace which is a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Room was clean, check-in was easy, breakfast in the morning was pretty standard. Only complaint I have is the parking lot was small. I literally got the last parking spot and I had to do some maneuvering to find it. Oh, and the hotel is right beside a train track, so if you're a light sleeper it may be a problem as the trains came through at all hours of the night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ravenito
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!