“Some great, some so-so”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed November 25, 2012

To start, the desk clerk when we checked in, Shaniqua, was awesome. She was so helpful and professional. Every time anyone came into the lobby, she asked if everything was satisfactory and could she do anything for them. Whehter this is a canned requirement or honest commitment, she certainly impressed me. She genuinely seemed to care about the guests.

Check in was quick and professional, even though she was by herself and there were several guests in the lobby.

Common areas were acceptably clean, given the time of day, and the rooms were spotless. Plenty of decent towels and pillows.

Took the kids down to the pool. There were no towels, but when I went to the desk to ask, a large stack was quickly and cheerfully provided. The temperature was quite nice, but the chlorine level was so high you could literally taste it in the water. Before I could get in the shower after swimming, it was already burning my skin.

The bed was very comfortable, and there were a variety of pillows- firm and soft, so you could take your pick. Plenty of hot water in the morning. The walls were a little thin, and the family that checked in after 11:00 PM with a crying baby could be heard clearly in our room. That was a shame. Seems no one bothers with soundproofing...

Breakfast was the real downside of the stay. the pancake machine wasn't working properly, and the hostess simply said that she couldn't figure the thing out. I told her the bag was empty, and it took her 20 minutes to bring out a new one, and the machine still didn't work. The hotels that serve the frozen eggs- a tip for you- the omelettes are edible, the plain scrambled eggs are pretty gross.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, and would likely stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Cindi W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

We appreciate customer feedback. It is a great tool to help us improve on our service. I am so sorry that you found the swimming pool too strong. A lot of our customers find the Salt Water a better solution that Chlorine, but not everyone does. It is difficult to find something that works for everyone. I will also use your comments for further training for our weekend breakfast attendant. It is also nice to know that you prefer the omlets. We look forward to having you return to see that improvements are constantly being made at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Thank you

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its location. It seemed to us an optimum choice for visits mentionned on the title.

First, being foreign visitors purchasing plenty of electronic and optic devices on-line in the USA, the behavior of the hotel staff (especially General Manager Ms. Cindi) was very friendly with us. All our materials were stored in a tidy manner for at least three weeks and were handed to us in perfect state ! Hotel staff were friendly. The breakfast was one of the richest we had in any Hi-Ex Hotel.

If you plan to visit both Savannah and Hilton Head Island, this hotel is a very good choice given its location and a very good value for money too.

Room Tip: Always upper floor rooms and without a view toward traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Turkishfamily
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling with our mountain bikes and thought it would be a problem, but they let us bring them in. The first room we got had a problem with the AC but they switched us with no problem. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Good place to sleep if traveling through SC as it's right next to the exit on I95.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was helped at the front desk by a gentleman named Jadie. He was extremely helpful and friendly and assured me that he would do anything he could to make my experience here more pleasant for me. The room was very comfortable and clean, and the overall appearance of the hotel was very clean. Great place to stay the night on your way up or down 95. Don't go to any of the budget hotels anywhere near Hardeeville as they are completely disgusting. This is the only place I would stay in this area going forward. I'm very pleased with my experience here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I walked into a room here and 5 roaches scattered the floor, I look over at the bed and I pull the linen back as per-caution and I see around the box spring I see little brown and red bugs shaped like little spades I QUICKLY went to the front desk no one was there no sign up or anything I walked by the breakfast room where I found the staff named shawn whom was sleeping on the chair he was the rudest person I had met I don't know if it is because I woke him up or just how he is. Im assuming from the consistant attitude thats how he is. I told him about our room and he said "That is not possible," when I mentioned for him to come look he very bluntly said "NO!" I was not sure what to do I asked for a refund so I could just leave and he said he would move me to a different room and I said I "NO!" at this point I would of rather drove 40 more miles then to stay here ever again. I know where to go again if I want very rude customer service and Bed bugs with a side of roaches!

Room Tip: Bring bug spray and Hope you don't get help from Shawn.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear jml86,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that to know that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent service. The lady at the desk was fantastic (Carolyn i believe). Genuinely nice and hospitable. Super helpful. Clean rooms, nice furnishings, comfy bed etc. Only downside is the walls are a bit thin.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I got in around 1 am after driving up from West Palm Beach, FL. The man who checked me in was so friendly and nice. I got a no smoking room - but it turned out someone had been smoking in there - but I got a new room in a matter of seconds - no problems at all.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and new.

I had a room that had a door leading into the next room - and I was able to hear through that door pretty easily. Luckily the people who were next door went to sleep and turned their TV off.

My TV did not have a remote but the TV itself was nice. There is a fridge in the room and a microwave and a coffee machine.

I did not test out the wi-fi b/c i forgot to ask for the password when I checked in.

I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
Best Western Point South
Best Western Point South
#1 of 6 in Ridgeland
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!