“Good place to stay, a bit outside of Hilton Head”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is a ways from the Hilton Head beaches. It took me about a half hour to drive to one of the beach access areas from the hotel. The hotel is newer and very nice. My room was clean and very comfortable. The shower was awesome...nice an strong which I love. The only downfall is it is near a major highway (although I can't say I could hear much) and I did hear a train go by twice at night (but now while I was sleeping). Other than that it is a great alternative to paying the high prices in Hilton Head.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room toward the front of the hotel (opposite major road)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank augirl41184

Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a great hotel...comfortable beds, helpful staff, and super location. Located right off of I-95 and close to 3 major locations: Savannah, GA; Hilton Head Island, SC; and Beaufort, SC. You can't beat the rates--stay here and avoid the high island and city costs! Free hot breakfast and Wi-Fii.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife an I stayed here on 7/24 while traveling back from Key West. It is a new hotel and conveniently located right off I-95. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast wasn't bad either. There is a gas station and convenience store directly in front of the hotel, so you can gas up and hit the road. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I got the best rate with roomsavers.com.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here for one night on the 4th July weekend. We wanted to book something on Hilton Head beach but nothing was available and this one looked the closest available one.
If you also plan to do this for a crowded time, please think again since although the distance from here to the beach is not much, the traffic is almost bumper to bumper.

Was a nice and quiet hotel and felt good for a short stay. We did not use the pool so cant comment on that part.
The parking is free but seemed limited.

The food wasn't great... could have been much better. But for shorter stays this wouldn't matter much I guess.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank abhi_karpe
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My family and I stayed here for one night on a trip on our way South. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The stay didn't start out so well as our first room had no power. We were switched to another room with working power. After looking around our new room we figured out that the GFCI on the electrical outlet in the front of the room had probably tripped.

The rooms were good. Everything was clean and we had plenty of space. I was really impressed with that aspect of the hotel. The young lady working the Front Desk was absolutely terrific. She was the only one there and was managing to handle everything. She was super nice and quickly worked to help us out with the room problem.

The exercise room was pretty bad. Only the treadmill actually worked. Pool was small but we never went in it. Breakfast was probably a little above average.

On a side note there was a gas station right by the hotel that had the cheapest gas we saw on I-95 from DC to Florida. That alone is worth stopping for!

Overall, this a great place to stop at on a long trip where you are just passing through. You'll get a good night's sleep in a clean and spacious room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here while on the road with our boston bull terrior. Rooms were nice and clean and quite. Comfortable stay. Don't expect a good restraunt nearby, you need to drive back one exit for decent ones. There is a subway next door for a quick bite. They did charge an extra 25 for the dog.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed her for a night while passing through. It was your typical average Holiday Inn Express in every respect.. The hotel seems like it was built in the past couple of years.

I had very little interaction with the staff but when I did they were very friendly.

The room was average sized but very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also average sized and very clean, though the towels felt cheap and rough. There was a lack of electrical outlets (though this is a problem in many hotels).

Beyond the beds the furnishings were very sparse. There is no couch or even lounge chair in the room. There is only a small table with 2 uncomfortable chairs. There is NO DESK, just this table which would really be suitable if you wanted to spread some work out.

All in all its a clean comfortable hotel that is perfect if you are just looking to spend the night. However, I wouldn't recommend this room if you were planning to stay here for a few days on business.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Ridgeland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!