“Diamond in the ruff”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Hamer
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at south of the border with my parents and decided to give the peddler a try. The salad bar caught our eye first. Everything looked so fresh and they had such a variety of vegetables. We all got steak - I had the sirloin, my mom had the filet mignon, my husband got the t-bone, and my daddy had the ribeye. All of us had our steaks cooked at different temperatures and they were all perfect. The flavor was amazing, the waitress always kept our drinks full, and the bread was to die for. If we didn't live in Virginia I would be making special trips just to eat at this steak house. They definitely made the best steak I've ever eaten. If you're looking for a nice meal and don't mind paying the extra dollar - this place is definitely worth your time.

2  Thank Flossboss32

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Dinner for two. Salad bar had everything fresh, t/bones were excellent, service was excellent...what more can you ask for....waiting for dessert but our waitress recommended fried cheese cake do here we go...we're counting n her recommendation

2  Thank Ravinlady
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Tropical-sauced chicken breast was divine. My honey's steak was great. Baked yam, fresh hot bread in a cloth napkin, soft butter, excellent salad bar. About $60 with drinks for us for a divine candlelit dinner. No TVs in the room, very quiet music. Servers quick and attentive and pleasant. Exterior at the kitsch mecca is deceiving -- what's within will delight. And I really did stick a toe into the kitchen area to praise the chef.

1  Thank JN1901A
Reviewed August 26, 2013

my son absolutely loved your steak and potatoes and we both the atmosphere, locals and waitresses; the restaurant is decorated very nicely. only downs I could c were the steak took a long while to arrive but they do take time and there were other guests and maybe the very very very nice waitresses could check on customers a little bit less; thx.; we had a blast.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

To find this restaurant, look for the giant sombrero. While a little hokey on the outside, this is a fine dining steakhouse where everyone is made to feel welcome. The salad bar is kept fresh and is included with every entree, making prices seem more reasonable. The meats are cooked to perfection. My husband and I like ours medium rare. I got the kebab, and he got the ny strip.
We chose the steamed vegetables for our sides--flavorful and not greasy or mushy. The baked potatos looked good too. I got creme brulee for dessert--not the best I've had, but good. My husband got the key lime pie, which was really key lime tart. It was good but not what he expected. Go for the apple tart for dessert.

1  Thank Magma5