“Best Little Steakhouse in the Pee Dee”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Hamer
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dillon, South Carolina
“Best Little Steakhouse in the Pee Dee”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Having lived in this area for the past 6 years, I paid another visit to The Peddler at South of the Border this past weekend. My wife and I visit this restaurant about once a month and it rarely disappoints. Usually I have the Rib Eye, but tried the sirloin this time while she had the mahi-mahi. The steak was well prepared and tasty, but not as good as the rib eye. The mahi was excellent, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The salad bar is the best in town, although not quite the same standard as The Peddler in Greenville or Florence, SC. The service was polite and attentive as usual. The restaurant itself could use some updating as it currently gives off a "Mexican chophouse" vibe. Good date night restaurant, ok for families. Overall, one of the best restaurants in the area.

Cypress, Texas
“Good food.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Good meal, including salad bar. Decent service. No wait.

Visited June 2012
Bear Creek, North Carolina
“Don't believe the Trolls who wrote before me.”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

One of the worst restaurants i have ever eaten in. The liar before me saying he had no steak better than under the "hat" is completely part of the attempt to influence others to eat there. The salad bar was wilted and old, my sirloin was no bigger than 6 ozs. for $21.00. Please do not make the mistake of believing the guy who is misleading you. I travel 50 states and went on his opinion which i feel rather stupid for. The staff was lousy the food was even worse.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank 426Snooky
“It was nice but...”
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went with our daugther to try something different when you first walk in the smell is a little old smelling however the staff was excellent and food was good as well, but my only real compliant is the smell in the lobby and bathroom it will make you lose you appetite for the prices they charge you would think they would use some of the profit for air freshners in this building or at least the bathroom.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“peddlers steakhouse”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed our meal & service. Four of us ordered various steaks (mine was the prime rib) and we were all very pleased with the quality. Service was great. Salad bar was clean, fresh, and had a decent selection.

If you go into it with realistic expectations for a 40+ year old highway stop, you may be pleasantly surprised. If you're looking for more than that, you better keep looking and keep driving to your 5 star resort. (if thats your style why aren't you flying anyway?)

I read the review entitled “Roadside Icon on life support” and completely agree. Lucky for us, we just wanted a touristy stop, a decent meal, and a quick look at some reptiles for our 2 yr old. Mission accomplished. (we weren't considering the hotel anyway).

The amusements were working, but it was sad that nobody was there.

I was quite impressed with the variety and quantity of reptiles in the "reptile lagoon". I'm not into the animals in captivity (poor guys) but they seemed to be well taken care of considering. We prefer the "wild" gators at okefenokee swamp.

In summary, enjoy a quality meal at peddlers and make your $8 donation to see the reptiles and keep them well fed. Pleanty of tacky souvenirs to fit any taste.