“Not sorry we stopped...”
Review of Pedro's Diner

Pedro's Diner
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Hamer
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 17, 2013

To start with, the food at the diner is basic fare, and the menu is a bit limited, there may be 8 breakfast items and a dozen lunch items. We both opted for the grilled cheese with bacon and the local Ginger ale. The soda is served in bottles, we didn't get ice but we didn't ask for it either. It has a kick to it, and somewhat sweet, it's an inigma. The sandwiches were tasty and not skimpy on the cheese or bacon as well as the chips piled on the plate.
By no means is it fancy, but the people kept coming in as we were sitting there, some travelers like us, some looked like locals.
For a bite to eat, to get back on the road again quickly, it was a pleasant stop.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I feel that I'm open to new food experience but I draw the line at this place. We attempted to go to the steak house across the street, while on our road trip. Unfortunately we were just passing through and the wait over there was too long, so we ended up here. Walking through the door you literally stick to the floor. The grill and deep fry area (there's no kitchen) is wide open. We ordered the barbecue pork and chicken fingers. My wife ordered a baked potato and soup (we never got ths soup). First our waitress was strangely busy although there were only 3 tables occupied. Service was poor at best. We ordered ginger ale, which were dropped off in bottles without a bottle opener. Then the food was dropped off. The pork (if it was pork) was in some type of red sauce on a nasty bun. The chicken fingers had white thick fluid leaking from them. We decided to just pay and leave. We waited 15 min for our waitress to return to no avail so I walked up to the counter. There I saw the "cook" microwaving a steak which was wrapped I'm plastic wrap. Once it was defrosted enough she removed the plastic wrap and tossed it on the grill. Finally the waitress walks up to the register and rings me up. Nearly $50 later my family is mad at me (it was my idea to stop) and we are back on the road. Later that night the two of us that ate the pork suffered from terrible stomache pain. STAY AWAY!!!

2  Thank Jager97

Been to Pedro's Diner? Share your experiences!