“Excellent Service - Great Value”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of these, I had to express my opinion. I moved in the area about 2 years ago and have been a patron of this restaurant since my arrival. I have to agree, it needs updating! It's dark, old and has a certain smell of times past. Fortunately I don't go there for the atmosphere, I go there for the food. The steaks are Excellent for the price and you get a good size portion for your money. I have also really enjoyed a little bit of everything on the menu and have been very happy. The service is great and the waitresses are pleasant and friendly. After reading the reviews, I have to say, I don't agree. I have witnessed some of these customers first hand. They don't appreciate how hard the wait staff has to work to make a dollar. I've actually witnessed folks leaving fifty cents - (Really Folks), I've worked in the service industry while going to school. These folks have to pay 8% tax on the ticket. If you leave them $0.50 on a $10.00 ticket, they not only don't get a tip, they have to pull $030 out of the $2.00 an hour they make to pay the tax. In the Service industry, Sundays are known to be the worst for tips. The church crowd comes in and runs the servers back and forth, barking and complaining. Then they leave $0.50, guess they didn't get anything out of the serman at church. I was in there the other day and a customer was compaining because her husband didn't like the taste of his steak. (after eating all of it, I might add) then she complained it was too small of a portion. I guess he wanted a larger, bad tasting steak....LMAO. Really folks - People ,it's not Ruth Chris, it's a local steakhouse that has been around for years. We as customers should have empathy, compassion and patience - it's not the servers fault that the kitchen gets backed up and you have to wait on your food. Again, I personal have been happy overall and feel that it's well worth the money! Last but not least, be kind to your servers. Remember they only make $2.30 an hour - what do you make? I make 40 times that but believe people should be treated fairly and I tip no less than 20%.

4  Thank Richard A

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were disappointed at the portion of country style steak. Had an odd taste and consistancy. Smell and look just like dog food in a can. Thank goodness it was a small portion. Our rolls were cold and I asked for a fresh rolls when they came out of the oven. Out comes microwaved left over rolls. They were so hard they made a noise when I tapped it on the table. Uneatable!
This was not our first time but will certainly be our last. The food has been getting worse and this was beyond repair.

1  Thank MSBSC
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I keep forgetting to write in about my experiences about this place I used to love this restaurant.... I am a local, so I've gone quite often and the "same" woman ALWAYS works the front desk with a sour expression on her face, acting as if she literally despises you. Every time I go, I get treated horrendously. At least 4 times that I have gone, to walk in the front door I have been stopped by a waitress telling me that the restaurant is closed and they just hadn't got to turn the open sign off yet. I know I get there before closing time and still they tell me they are closed. I have pulled up into the parking lot and as soon as my headlights shine into the windows, they turn the light off. I can't tell you how many times I have went there and this has happened. That's just one of the many things these people do that is very offensive. I get no apologies for this, just a glare, as if please don't come back. The few times that I have gotten waited on and I always get my order to go to take home to my elderly disabled mother. I am glared at by the woman who works the front desk and spoken to with such hatred in her voice while she looks down her nose at me? I don't know this woman or anything but she acts as if it's personal? I have gone out of my way to be friendly but to no avail..... No reaction she's just as cold as ice!. In all my life I have never been treated that way, by a place of business.The food varies at times, it's good and at different times it is nasty. I have looked around the property out by the creek and actually seen huge rats running around the restaurant? I swear the health department should check this place out. It is dank and dark and it looks so nasty. I keep going back because sometimes I get a decent steak but believe you me, that woman one of the reviewers spoke of before me called her Hitler and that is the best description of that AWFUL woman! I swear she must be the owners wife because no decent place of business would want that woman working for them! I don't know if I will ever go back to that place? Maybe if that woman is FIRED!!!!!!! I "MIGHT" go back, but until then I will never go back to that place to be subjected, to that kind of treatment. I would not even want to be this poor woman's dog. I'm sure it would get kicked every day! What an AWFUL, MISERABLE woman! "PLEASE" fire this woman, you are losing faithful, loyal customers to this tiny miserable woman!?!?

3  Thank Tina W
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place overlooks a river and is nice when you get a window seat and can watch the ducks. We liked it so much we sent my parents to eat there during a visit to us from up North. They really enjoyed their experience. It is a bit country, not real fancy, food is not sensational, but, well, we just like the place.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Sit where you can see the lake. Good home cooking -- many specials to consider

1  Thank sljtba