“Great Pizza!”

Dellaventura's Ristorante and Pizza
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greer
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very good pizza. Just moved to the area and was looking for a local Italian restaurant and found this on Tripadvisor. Can't wait to go back and try the pasta dishes.

• Visited July 2012

Mauldin, South Carolina
“Very Good Pizza.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Some of the best pizza i've had in the Greater Greenville area.
Will no doubt be heading back soon.

• Visited April 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very Good Standard Italian”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

A group of eight of us visited this restaurant one busy night in May and found the one large table already reserved. Instead of breaking us up, the hostess - with her wonderful NYC accent - scrambled hither and yon and constructed us another table for eight. No complaints; very accommodating. The folks who own this place must love the business and they work hard as can be to please their obviously large and devoted customer base. Further evidence of that is the scores of family photos hanging all over the walls. Okay, so they're good folks and their kitchen and server staff seem to be thoroughly professional and pleasant, albeit slow due to the crowd. The environment, on the other hand, is noisy, crowded and not in the least bit romantic or appropriate for conversation. It's a fun, family place with kids howling, dishes clashing and so on, but that's not what you came here for. Or is it? Drinks - wine and beer - were adequate and properly priced. The puffy little garlic dough boys, or whatever they're called, that are served instead of good Italian bread and olive oil for dipping, were okay but not really essential. One of us ordered garlic toast and it was fine. Salads appeared for most of us: lettuce, tomato, onion - very basic. No olives, no pepperoncini, no nothing else Italian. The waitress said that we could have asked in advance. Too late. The zucchini "fries" were not even close to nicely done sauteed or deep fried zucchini strips that most of us are used to. Try something else. The main courses are primarily standard southern Italian - pasta, heavy tomato sauce and lots of cheese. All served in copious quantities, some of which is eaten on site, some at home afterward, and some discarded by travelers. The portions are far too large for most 110 pound ladies. I ordered Italian sausage to go with my baked ziti and it arrived ten minutes early and sat on the table until I sent it back to the kitchen. Overall, everything was very good - my rating - but very standard and boring, too. All of us got stuffed, had a lot of fun, and didn't eat half of what we ordered. Maybe this is a good restaurant paradigm for some, and clearly Dellaventura's has a large following, but the next time in the area we'll try something a little more interesting.

• Visited May 2012
“Great Italian”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Best Italian food I've ever had! This place is great

South Carolina
“Not impressed”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I we there because I was told how great the food was. I ordered the lasagna to go. I must say it was the saltiest I had ever eaten. It was so salty I couldn't eat it. I was not impressed

1 Thank gvldiva