What a disappointment this Holiday Inn Express turned out to be. Had a reservation for 3 nights and after a long drive, and late check-in we went to see our room which smelled like smoke...as a matter of fact entire floor & hall smelled like smoke! Hallways were not vacuumed and elevator was grungy...the hotel looks nice when you first enter but on closer inspection it has an overall icky feeling about it. Anyway, we went to get another room, 2nd room smelled like smoke too...back to front desk and the front desk staff, although pleasant enough, has hard time finding another room..some were only smoking rooms...some had plumbing problems...so they offered us the "presidential suite" ( yea..right!)...with an in room jacuzzi...yuk! Was supposed to be non-smoke room but not only did it smell like heavy smoke, there were ashtrays in the room! Back to the front desk...they hustle to find one last room...ground floor ( and we specifically requested a non-ground floor in reservation) but when we went in this room, it felt tired and musty, bed looked like it had a thin cheap mattress & it sunk in the center...room was just not nice...so we left in search of another hotel. We were so disappointed in this HIE! We had ( the previous week) stayed in a HIE in Chambersburg, Maryland that was terrific & clean and so hoped for the same since internet photos looked so nice. What a disappointment! We would have given it only a 1 "dot" rating but will give it a 2 "dot" rating ONLY because the front desk staff did try hard to find a room for us and were courteous and prompt in cancelling our reservation. Skip this hotel if you can. We did finally get a nice room at the Residence Inn Greenville in the same area...a wonderful find! Please note that there are several Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Greenville/Greer area...maybe the others are nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville I-85 is your home away from home where our guests are treated with the utmost Southern hospitality. All our rooms are suites and newly renovated. We've upgraded our guest rooms with brand new furniture, flat panel LCD televisions, new mattresses, and expanded workspace designed for the business or leisure travelers in mind. We also offer an indoor heated pool & spa, fitness center, business center, guest laundry, and enjoy our new hot breakfast bar. Centrally located between the Greenville and Spartanburg business hubs including Michelin, BMW, and GE; with easy access to I-85 and I-385, and closest hotel to the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport. We provide an airport shuttle service Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM. We look forward to having you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Greenville Airport
- Holiday Inn Greer
- Greer Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Greer