“Horrible Experience ~ Roaches & Half Renovated Rooms”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Asheville, North Carolina
“Horrible Experience ~ Roaches & Half Renovated Rooms”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had to travel to South Carolina to do a presentation for school. I did not want to spend a lot of money since I only needed a clean, safe place to sleep. I read the reviews for this hotel and felt it was a good choice - WRONG. This was the type of hotel where you entered the room directly from the parking lot - no other lock on the door but the bracket for some type of dead bolt was still left on the door frame - safety is now a major concern. The room appeared to be clean, new furniture and the Internet worked fine. There was a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. I use the coffee maker to heat water to make tea - this coffee maker apparently had not been cleaned in quite a while since my tea water tasted like I just brewed a cup of coffee minus the beans. The vanity was poorly repaired, the cover on the back of the toilet was glued together barely and the wall/floor heater did a very poor job of keeping the room temperature comfortable. The next morning I went to take a shower and discover a cockroach crawling on the shower curtain - as they say if you see one there are 10,000 more in the walls. I wish I had known that prior to eating breakfast which was mediocre at best. The management did not seem to care that there were roaches in the room or that I planned on giving a bad review. This room is not worth $80 dollars a night - they would do better renting their rooms by the hour to clientele that doesn't care about cleanliness, safety, temperature, amenities, or anything else that most travelers care about. The only good thing about this room was it was close to the college I attend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scooby0626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nites it was a nice and friendly place everyone was very nice.when i go back i will stay there again.i was in 115 and my brother and his wife was in 113.we got there on4/02/13 and left on 4/03/13 .very nice J.EMRICK

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Quality Inn when i travel on bussiness. my room was so clean and staff was were frindley.my room was roomey and had king bed with desk easey for me to do my work. this is my frist time staying at this hotels but they made me feel like I am at home. I woud reccomend this hotel to anyone spend night in gereenwood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at Quality Inn when I came to visit family. The staff was so friendly when I checked in, they made me feel at home. The room was very nice and clean. I would definatly reccomend this hotel o anyone visiting Greenwoon. I will stay here evertime I come to town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hamler, Oh
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ok - I have had enough of motels telling us they have free internet. From this day forward I will take my lap top into a room and if the internet even sputters I will not stay there!!!! We keep in touch with family and friends when we travel by motorcycle. Everyone worries so first thing I do when we get in for the night is send a group email. Well that is if it works. Now 7 of 10 times it does NOT. The remodel they did was half done at best. THe linens were new. The breakfast was not horrible. The front desk lady was nice - considering half of the motel was in the office mad about the poor internet.

Room Tip: I would not say there was a good room at those prices.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I travel a great deal with CSX railroad. Mike Patel and the staff make you feel right at home. The rooms provide plenty of space and very well kept. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Will definitely stay here again if working in area.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I decided to stay at Quality inn when i came to visit family memebers in Greenwood SC, This hotel was an excellent choice, My family and I enjoyed our stay. the room was very clean and the service we got was awesome,i recommend anyone stay here if they require excellent service and great rooms at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family