“Mattress of doom”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I would never stay here again. Lights in the hallway were not working, it was very dark and there were several rooms that were open for everyone to walk by and look in. Very unclassy people. From what I witnessed, I don't want to stay there again! The room we stayed in was dirty and everything that went on in the hallway and rooms close by, you heard. I stayed for two hours and left. The tenant acted like they could care less what was going on in the building. I don't recommend staying there.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was dirty and everything that went on in the hallway and rooms close by, you h...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently and if it had not been pre-paid by a relative, I would have left as soon as I walked in the room. Very dirty, bathroom - FILTHY! I had to go to the store and buy Lysol to clean the bathroom before I could even use it. The shower curtain was ripped and full of mold, hair on the walls and the grout had never been cleaned. Floor had not been vacummed in at least a week, always wore socks when walking in the room, they have since been thrown away as they were so black. No dusting done to the room either. It took me 3 Lysol wipes just to clean the remote for the TV. Beds were very dirty and the pillows were the size of throw pillows for your sofa. The doors to get into the hotel were both propped open with door holders screwed right into the floor so that they wouldn't close, not very secure and kinda gives you a feeling that anyone can be walking the halls at any time. We did talk to someone at the front desk about the lack of cleanliness and we were told that they would take care of it, nothing happend. Spend an extra couple of dollars and go somewhere else. Really!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank friendlytraveler729
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in town. Check in was easy, found our room and got unpacked easily. We didn't spend much time in the room, which is why we chose the most economical option we could find. We loved that it was pet friendly, so we could bring our dog. *One bad surprise was finding that the grassy areas on all sides of the hotel (where we walked our dog for her to do her "business") had lots of fire ants. I came home with 15 bites on my feet and legs. Not a nice souvenir.

The room was very basic, provided a travel size bar soap and a bottle of shampoo. The bathroom didn't feel very clean - mildew on the walls, black grout, grimy tub. Since we were just there for a short time, and I didn't feel that any other room would be better, I didn't complain. The beds and pillows were very comfortable! :)

I wasn't exactly pleased that Housekeeping wanted to do the tidy at 9am, "since we had a dog." I declined the service, since the rest of my family was still sleeping. We had trouble finding parking -- there were buses and trucks that took up several spots each, so when we arrived to the hotel after midnight the 2nd night, we didn't have a parking space.

Checkout was easy, staff at the desk were pleasant. We did not partake in the breakfast, but it appeared to be muffins, bagels, donuts, cereal, juice and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family