“Average place for dinner”
Review of Fin and Filet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fin and Filet
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
tewksbury, ma
“Average place for dinner”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stopped in at the Fin N Filet for dinner while in town on business. Great atmosphere, ate at the bar. Very attentive and friendly bar staff. Went in looking for a nice steak. Ordered the rib-eye but was disappointed, not sure if it was actually a rib-eye cut seeing it was perfectly square. Ordered two sides: fresh broccoli, sweet potato casserole. The sides were great, the sweet potato was awesome.... very good.

• Visited February 2013

Abbeville, South Carolina
“Very good food!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The quality of the food has always been good. However, the restaurant can be somewhat pricey, especially for families. Wide selection on the menu.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bruce C
“Food and atmosphere are good”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nothing but praise for the Fin 'n Filet. Everything we have gotten there has been wonderful. We have tried the steak, salmon, shrimp, pasta and more and have NEVER been disappointed. The only thing missing is a bigger wine selection.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank BettyAnn D
Greenwood, South Carolina
“The WORST customer service from the OWNER!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family (of about 25 people) decided to eat lunch at Fin 'N' Filet after church and after my 6 month old's church dedication. It was a nice experience with the exception of the OWNER! After we had an issue with a "cake charge" that we were certainly unaware of, he was rude, disrespectful, didn't even want to speak with us, and had the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. (With the exception of all of the wonderful servers we had! They were MORE than nice and helpful!) We left there having to pay $1.50 per person extra because we brought in our own cake. He wasn't even nice enough to take the charge off after we told him we were not told from the beginning. The cake was brought in, cut and THEN we were told about it. I have never met a business OWNER that had an attitude like he did. We spent $300.00 there that day and this is how we were treated. Maybe your "million dollar restaurant and million dollar mortgage" isn't so great after all. This is NOT a money issue, this is a principle issue. How to run a business 101: "I am so sorry for the confusion, ma'am. We will take care of this for you today. We should have informed you of our policies the first time." On that day, you have lost 25+ customers from 3 different counties in SC when you could have gained! I will NEVER step foot in there again.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank KGunter
Greenville, South Carolina
“Terrible, most in GWD would agree, they should just close”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Since they moved it has just been terrible. I stopped dining-in awhile back. I placed a phone order for wings and when I came to pick them up. Had no clue where to go. The hostess stand was empty, which is typical fin, a manager with blonde hair directed me to the bar where I waited and waited since the only bar worker was overloaded. Finally the blonde hair manager came back and assisted me, not sure why she didn't in the first place. I waited and waited, I ordered 45 minutes prior. The manager made no acknowledgement to the slow service. While I waited I read the note on the host stand, the management must be terrible, if I worked there and read such a nasty note I would quit. It basically said the manager couldn't wait to fire the first person to break a rule. It was so silly. This place is plagued with bad food and low morale among employees. A sign read book your Xmas party, haha, yeah right.

• Visited October 2012