“Surprising and Amazing!!”

Alicia's Mexican Food
Ranked #23 of 126 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I sought out this restaurant based on reviews on Trip Advisor. When we pulled up, my son questioned my choice....but we followed our lead. No regrets!! You gotta go!! You will not be disappointed!!

3  Thank trexaiken

Reviewed April 26, 2013

If I hadn't read the reviews, I would have driven right past this little gem. Everything that was ordered by our large party was fabulous. I was hesitant to try the "Horachata" - rice water - but it was absolutely heavenly. The enchiladas were the best I've ever had, gorditas fabulous, and a fried chicken dish incredible. (Not fried chicken as you know it.) Our waitress spoke english and was very helpful. Try it... you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Becca S
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Across the street from Pizza Hutt sits a tiny unassuming little place serving the Best Authentic Mexican food anywhere! I've had Mexican food all over the US and Mexico but this place is by far The Best! Alicia's has only 4 small tables inside so expect to take your food to go if at high time. Due to compact size don't be surprised if you end up smelling of fried homemade corn tortillas when you leave.

We had called first but arrived 10min prior to closing but they smiled at us and welcomed us in to sit near another family who had ordered but not yet received their food. The staff was so sweet and helpful in guiding our selection despite the small menu. Reasonably priced items and huge portions made it a great value.

We tried the chicken enchiladas- Oh My!! What fantastic flavors and sauce! We saw a family eating gorditas so we had a couple as well and some beef tacos. Everything was amazing, especially the beans. I had an apple soda (one of my favorites). We stuffed ourselves completely.

I soooo wish this place was near my home. Since it's not I may just have to plan a few more trips back to Greenwood SC just to eat here again!

4  Thank Stormygirl71
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

There's something special at Alicia's. I came here because of the positive reviews I'd seen, and now I feel compelled to write one. When I pulled into the parking lot I was unsure if they were even open. It's a tiny shack with a gravel driveway. The sign was in Spanish, the TV was blaring Telemundo, and as soon as the smells hit me, my stomach started growling.
I've eaten Mexican food all over the South West United States, and in Mexico, and Alicia's stands with all of them.
The woman at the counter told me the burritos were small, but they are not. One of their five dollar burritos would be a pretty solid lunch. (About 2/3 the size of a chipotle). I got two tacos and two burritos, and that was about a burrito and a half too much.
The inside reminds me of an older café or a diner, and there's nothing fancy about it. But if you're only in it for the food, Alicia's is for you. The meal and the salsas were incredible. I would go back here in a heartbeat.

3  Thank jgiano
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious, authentic, and cooked to order. BUT... the home made drinks are to die for. I don`t know where else you can have a fresh tamarindo around here.

2  Thank Bryant864