“my contruction crew stayed here”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greenwood
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff was really friendly and helpful. And the location was just a few mins from historic downtown and all the major resteraunts,which makes it very convient when you stay for weeks at a time...the rooms were surprisingly large even for the double beds.The cleaning staff which are usually under rated are on top of there job here i never had to ask for towels or to vaccum my room.To me with there cheap prices its right up next to the days inn. my only bad thing was there under some remodeling of the rooms.

Room Tip: ask for a room next to the pool..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 28, 2012

In a small town like Greenwood, the choices are limited. This is a very average Fairfield Inn. Nothing really stands out as really great or very bad. Clean, comfortable rooms. Fairly quiet as it is set back from the road. Next to the movie theater and walkable distance to several restaurants.

The staff are pretty bland, and I also do not think they understand the Marriott rewards program. Or, maybe they just don't care. As a Gold member, I was given the absolute worst room in the hotel - directly connected to the elevator. When I asked to be moved, they said they could only move me to a double (I had a king) but offered a king to the walk in guest that came in at the same time as I was changing rooms. I also think it is very overpriced for the area.

I am not a fan of the beds at Fairfield Inns, and this was no exception. The beds at the Hampton Inn down the street are MUCH better.

If you are Marriott rewards member, this is not a bad choice. I will probably continue to split my time in Greenwood between this and the Hampton Inn down the road, depending on what kind of points I am looking to earn, and the price difference during any given week.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hginphl
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel, where I've stayed about a dozen times during the last 5-6 years, is simply too expensive for its location. Greenwood is a tiny town with a microscopic downtown and a vanishing business base. Prices shouldn't start at $110-115 or more for a ho-hum chain joint in a town where the only sign of life is a rink-dink university. This hotel is also quite error prone, but the list is too long to detail. That being said, it is probably the better of the half dozen or so inns in this town, and the bottom two or three are major league dumps. The staff? Amateurs.

Room Tip: All more or less the same. Plain vanilla
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JamBaytraveler
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Two night stay here. Typical chain hotel near busy bypass. Pleasant staff, clean rooms with very comfy beds. Very small indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, adequate for a quick swim and relax. Breakfast not worth staying in for, perhaps head to nearby Starbucks or the like. With so few staff, one feels like these hotels are run on a shoestring. Perfect if what you want is a clean room to lay your head for a couple of nights. No mini fridge !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kerry70
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had to be here for a conference so this was the best option. The staff was indifferent on arrival, perhaps it was because there was a train derailment and a conference at the same time and lots of people were there with demands of all varieties for rooms.My room was ready upon check in and complimentary cookies were available with fresh coffee for those that wanted it. I did not try either so I can not comment on taste.I was there for a conference so I did not have time to check out the hotel because as soon as I got there I had to change and head to a session. It lasted late and I went back to the room to sleep which was restful and was back up the next morning early for the next session by 6:30am so I grabbed some cranberry juice and kept it moving. There was free complimentary breakfast available along with fresh fruit, make your own waffle, along with dry cereal and pastries. Internet was available both wired and wi fi but I did not even have time to unpack the laptop let alone turn it on at the hotel. I wish this review was more detailed but I simply did not have time. It was clean and pest free which was very important as the other two hotels on our list of available hotels did not have good trip advisor reviews regarding those two things. The hotel is with in walking distance to places to eat, but it is in Greenwood so your choices are pretty limited

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I grew up in Greenwood, so I used to be a "local". I know the area well and was in town for a family wedding. We chose this hotel based on location and property discounts for our event.

We were able to book an adjoining suite (King room with double queen adjoining). This arrangement worked really well for our family. The local staff was terrific about helping book family members close together (same floor) and they worked with us on a late checkout.

Breakfast was easy and varied...all ages found something they enjoyed (ages 2 to adult, including teens). Only observation is that the breakfast area is small, so when the hotel hosts a larger event, or has a lot of guests, there is limited seating.

For workouts, I agree with other reviewers, small facility..and in August, jogging outside in SC is hard unless you're going before 6:00am or after 8:00pm.

Biggest complaint: Dirty tubs/showers. I hate that. As a B&B owner, maybe I notice more than others, but there was definitely extra cleaning that was needed in the tub/shower department.

Room Tip: We chose the King Suite with adjoining double. We had two teenagers and an infant...and two adults...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The family stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Greenwood, SC to attend a family wedding. We had a double double for one night. The beds were comfortable and the room clean, with the exception of some trash from the previous tenant left in the mini fridge. Breakfast was included and was of the waffle, fruit and cereal variety. Kind of hard to mess up but the somewhat less than pleasant staffer doing breakfast nearly succeeded. Wish we had brought swim wear as the indoor facilities, while small, looked quite inviting. Great location relative to food and a movie theater. Couldn't have asked for much more. Hopefully we will have occasion to visit family again in Greenwood and if so we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family