“Takes too long for lunch, but......”

Montague's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Greenwood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In our kitchen we focus on accentuating the natural flavors of our premium ingredients. We bring our own style and taste to our new entrées but we also strive to maintain the integrity and genius originated by our friend and Montague’s late founding chef: Milton Williams. If the menu choices do not include one of his, or your, favorite dishes, just tell your server, and we will proudly accommodate you. With over 60 years of combined professional culinary experience, we are sure you will be pleased.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food, the service and the atmosphere were very good. Its just that when you get 1 hour for lunch is not a practical place to go because its impossible to get out of there under 45-55 minutes.

The food was very good, freshly made, and the waitress friendly and attentive, but we doubt we can go back for lunch again due to the time issue. Also a bit expensive for lunch compare to most places around Greenwood.

1  Thank Eduardo N
Randolph J, General Manager at Montague's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am so very sorry to hear about your poor experience at Montagues for lunch. We pride ourselves in providing high quality food with great service in a punctual manner. Obviously we were not punctual with you and I agree that having to spend an hour to eat lunch is ridiculous. Please come see me so I can give you a refund in cash and allow me to give you a gift card so that if you ever choose to visit us again the meal will be taken care of. I am quite frankly embarrassed and I sincerely apologize and promise you that we are usually very snappy with lunch service. Please forgive us.

TJ Jenks

There are newer reviews for Montague's Restaurant

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Friday night is Prime rib night. The serving is more than ample and very good. I can recommend it and the twice baked potato.

Check out the specials for each night. The prime rubbish only available on Fridays.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Each time I visit Greenwood, I stay for an extended time and have to say that this restaurant is a hidden gem. Seems to be a favorite for some of the locals. Compared to the other 'popular' restaurants, this is my favorite, for various reasons.

The food is creative and always flavorful, and the biggest reason I keep returning. The kitchen staff has a lot of talent and relies on local farmers for fresh opportunities.

The service/staff is professional, prompt and efficient. Even though I may frequent this restaurant at times, the staff has always acknowledge me without suffocating me with their presence.

The menu is expanded and has a great selection and something for everyone's tastebuds. The filet is awesome. The oysters are always fresh & flavorful. The roast chicken is cooked to perfection and very delicious. Even though they forewarn you of the cook time, it's worth it to order.

This restaurant is large enough to host parties of any size. I believe they have 2 or 3 rooms to accommodate everyone's needs. The atmosphere is perfect lighting and seating is without overcrowding.

This place is well worth considering if you are through Greenwood. You are guaranteed an enjoyable meal and you will leave pleased, without being broke.

1  Thank Petunia99
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife had the pecan crusted pork chops and I had the prime rib. Whatever they rub on the rib makes it the tastiest I've ever had. Had leftovers for lunch the nexy day and can't stop raving about these two meals. We went on a 14 day cruise afterwards and none of the cruise meals compared to Montague's. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank KenSanner
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very good food and service --- nice quiet atmosphere when not too crowded -- good bar also -- plan to visit again sometime

1  Thank Toby-Kit B