“Top Restaurant in Greenwood”

Montague's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: In our kitchen we focus on accentuating the natural flavors of our premium ingredients. We bring our own style and taste to our new entrées but we also strive to maintain the integrity and genius originated by our friend and Montague’s late founding chef: Milton Williams. If the menu choices do not include one of his, or your, favorite dishes, just tell your server, and we will proudly accommodate you. With over 60 years of combined professional culinary experience, we are sure you will be pleased.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Top Restaurant in Greenwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Each time I visit Greenwood, I stay for an extended time and have to say that this restaurant is a hidden gem. Seems to be a favorite for some of the locals. Compared to the other 'popular' restaurants, this is my favorite, for various reasons.

The food is creative and always flavorful, and the biggest reason I keep returning. The kitchen staff has a lot of talent and relies on local farmers for fresh opportunities.

The service/staff is professional, prompt and efficient. Even though I may frequent this restaurant at times, the staff has always acknowledge me without suffocating me with their presence.

The menu is expanded and has a great selection and something for everyone's tastebuds. The filet is awesome. The oysters are always fresh & flavorful. The roast chicken is cooked to perfection and very delicious. Even though they forewarn you of the cook time, it's worth it to order.

This restaurant is large enough to host parties of any size. I believe they have 2 or 3 rooms to accommodate everyone's needs. The atmosphere is perfect lighting and seating is without overcrowding.

This place is well worth considering if you are through Greenwood. You are guaranteed an enjoyable meal and you will leave pleased, without being broke.

1 Thank Petunia99

Midland, Pennsylvania
“Best prime rib ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife had the pecan crusted pork chops and I had the prime rib. Whatever they rub on the rib makes it the tastiest I've ever had. Had leftovers for lunch the nexy day and can't stop raving about these two meals. We went on a 14 day cruise afterwards and none of the cruise meals compared to Montague's. Will definitely be going back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KenSanner
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very good food and service --- nice quiet atmosphere when not too crowded -- good bar also -- plan to visit again sometime

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Toby-Kit B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent dinner! Will definitely return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been traveling for business to Greenwood for over five years, and tonight was the first time I have dined at Montague's. Wow, I wished I had found this place earlier! Great dinner - Fresh, delicious food - great service - and reasonable prices. And, without even knowing it, Wednesday's are 50% for ladies. 3 of us ate (and had three drinks) for less than $50. How can you beat that? Definitely will return (and just not on a Wednesday)!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank hginphl
Greenwood, South Carolina
“1st Time & Will Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Cheery waiter, fine dining atmosphere, had 4oz steak & local veggies, steak perfectly cooked but way too much pepper, should of offered pepper at table if at all, veggies peppered up a tad too much for my taste, other than that, experience was good & served timely. Orange Roughy entree was also very good. Will return.

1 Thank Dee S