“Great Effort but Needs Help”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greenwood
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived late in the evening, and from the exterior, the hotel is neat and tidy. Rooms are large, but as a travel agent, I look beyond the fluffy pillows. The hotel is in need of replacing the carpet - in fact, I believe it had been shampooed again that day but I still was concerned about walking on it barefooted. Sheets were very thin. Beds were very hard. It was difficult to turn on the faucet in the bathroom. The hotel stay was not cheap and I realize wear and tear is difficult to keep up with, but I'd pay the additional money and stay at the Hampton across the street next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TrvlMstr32
jameson123, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review of your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the condition of the room and wanted to make you aware that we are in the process of addressing those issues you cited and are currently engaged in a plan to upgrade our facilities. During your next visit to Greenwood please visit us and see our progress.

Howard Green
Jameson inn - Greenwood

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Dirty! The carpets were so dirty that stained our socks. There were bugs in the bathroom. The hairdryer in our room didn't work so they sent us to another room instead of replacing it every time I had to dry my hair. They didn't monitor the food in the breakfast room so every morning we had to call the front desk and ask them to replenish it. We asked to check out one hour late so we could change after church and we were told no because they cleaning crew needed to clean our room. After begging, we were given 30 minutes, but they were not friendly about it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara0521
Reviewed April 13, 2011

From the time we checked in thru the time we checked out, the staff of the Jameson Inn COULD NOT have been more friendly and accomodating. We were in our room about 10 or 15 minutes when the phone rang and it was the front office checking to see if the room was to our satisfaction and ask if we had any needs. The staff was JUST THAT friendly the entire time we were there (3 nights). The housekeeping staff was not only friendly, but did a wonderful job on the room. I won't ever stay anywhere but the Jameson Inn when in Greenwood! I highly recommend the James Inn!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ivebeendilled
Reviewed March 28, 2011

There was only one problem -- the chair seats needed repair, or replacement. The bathroom was always cleaned when we returned to our room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank minnesota1940
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Enjoyed my stay. Booking was easy through Priceline. Front staff was very friendly when I arrived. Prompt attention and quickly provided me with key, room directions, and explained amenaties.
Workout/Exercise room needs new equipment. Treadmill was broker. Carpet looked very worn.
Breakfast bar had an OK variety of items.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Eddie W
Reviewed December 8, 2010

The service at this motel is excellent from beginning to end of my stay.Very courteous and very caring of the customer.The Breakfast Room is always neat and clean.The staff go out of their way to make sure I am comfortable each time I stay.The Jameson Inn is the No. 1 motel on my list. Easy check in , easy check out.
(I would like the selections on TV channels to be better, though. Very limited right now).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank redsman1
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I was in town for one night visiting relatives and needed a relatively inexpensive, nice place to stay for that night. This Jameson Inn meet those needs perfectly. My plans did not included spending a lot of time in the motel, but I did expect clean, near, and quiet.

The Inn was perfect for my needs. I do have two small issues that I will list. As I entered the room, there was a strong odor of bleach, which I assume was used in cleaning the room. Either the odor dissipated or I got used to it. The computer in the lobby was inoperative both the evening and the morning of my visit. The complimentary breakfast was basically cold, prepackaged food-not appetizing at all.

Despite these three smaller issues, the Inn was satisfactory for my needs for that one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo