“You might not want to stay here !!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Ormond Beach FL
“You might not want to stay here !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed here in 7/09 for one night & for the $100+ we paid, we'd not stay there again. The check in clerk did up grade us to a suite where we has gnats & a couple of flies buzzing around our faces & one BEEG cockroach that I killed on the wall & left the body where it fell under the chair. And the a/c ran loudly all night long !
The room was OLD, & the check in area was redone sort of like an old mail wearing a new face, as many motels are now like this. All new facade front where you check in & the rooms are really old.
The breakfast was quite good for a freebie !
We could not recommend this motel for this price !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BillinFL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
upstate sc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

Had to get extra towels, only 2 in the room, had to get extra toilet paper, and there was a used wash cloth left in our shower from the previous guest, GROSS ...I guess the cleaning crew had better things to do that to clean the rooms properly . When they ran out of omelets the next morning around 9:30, they refused to make more...My 7 year old was very disappointed. Compared to other hotels in the area, they were rather pricey. I mean, c-mon, it's Greenwood, SC, not Atlanta!! I would sleep in my car before I stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank screw_holiday_inn
Transylvania County, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

Now, just where to begin. First of all, I had reserved 2 rooms. I was told there was only one room under my name. I insisted there were 2 rooms, of course, the front desk clerk didn't believe me, which, I found out later, was the norm at this hotel. Guests are liars. It seemed only my insistance forced her to look for the other room. Lo and behold, she found it! Right there with the key to the other room. I went up to the room, after waiting forever for the elevator in this 2 story hotel. I walked over to the coffee maker. It still had coffee from before in it. I don't know how long before, though. The bathroom was another story. THERE WAS NO TOILET PAPER. BOTH rolls were empty. This was true of BOTH of our rooms. We had to go "get our own". There was a dirty washcloth in the tub in the other room. My room also had a dirty washcloth, but it was "packaged" as a clean one, meaning it was wrapped up real fancy in a hand towel hanging from the tub.

Now, about the breakfast. The hotel was FULL. I don't think anyone bothered to tell the kitchen staff. They ran out of all the "hot items" that Holiday Inn Expresses are supposed to have. There were very few muffins, some cinnamon rolls, and the juice was weak. They ran out of omelets. They refused to fix anymore, this was about 8:45. I think breakfast lasts until 9:30 or so. To not fix anymore when there was such a huge crowd was JUST PLAIN LAZINESS, or, AN I JUST DON'T CARE ATTITUDE. I got this impression from this hotel. When I went to check out, I told the "HEAD HOUSEKEEPER" about the problems with the room. Do you think she apologized? NO!! She just kept saying over and over "I don't believe it"!. Well that made me really want to stay there again-NOT!!!! This is a warning to anyone thinking of booking this hotel-enter at your own risk!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank AURELIALYNN
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

We were on our way from Michigan to Florida and this was the second overnight stop. We had my father with us, so stops were more frequent and longer ...

This hotel changed our room so that we could be on the ground level ... my father was looking forward to using their pool, which unfortunately was outside, and it was borderline too cool to use it as it had not been heated yet.
Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

• Liked — microwave and oven in room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)