“Christy Moore”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
“Christy Moore”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is one of the nicest places in Greenwood, I am going to describe my personal experience. I am from the North, so I really enjoyed the outside life by the water fountain, very soothing, especially in those warm summer nights I was there for a week on my work assignment. Small town but lots great places to eat and work out. The stair case at the hotel gives you the home feel. My morning started with nice hot breakfast and there is so much they serve for breakfast. You can’t go wrong with delicious hot coffee and Cinnamon buns to start your morning. Of course I am health couscous so to reduce the guilty feeling after eating 1000 calorie of Cinneban I would have the Yogurt or fruit. They also have great Lobby sitting area to enjoy peaceful evening. They just went through recent remodeling, so the place looks great. The staff is always helpful and greets you with smile all the time. And for my long term stay the Kitchen really helped. Over all I had a wonderful experience and I never felt like I was staying at some hotel. So being from north, I really enjoyed the southern hospitality. So for me that’s great feelings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate it and it really helps us a lot. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice people. Pretty grounds. Pretty pool!! Nice upgraded lobby. Clean rooms. Nice beds. General manager helped me with a personal request. Nice complementry breakfast. Close to down town! Friendly staff

• Stayed August 2013
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We hope you will come and see us again soon!
stockport
Reviewed August 16, 2013

this hotel is in one of the best locations for bars and food in the area. the pool outside is really nice clean and quiet, the rooms are clean good quality and comfortable. the staff are really nice Tracey checked us in and was super friendly and helpful sorting us out with king or king suite rooms which are reaasonably priced (good job *Tracey*). the breakfast in the morning could be a little better with more variety but is ok and inclusive of price. the fitness suite is pretty poor to be honest and needs improving. if this place had a bar it would be perfect but i suppose you can't have everything. overall excellent value for money.

Room Tip: go for the king suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear your stay was a great one! That is our goal!
Hurry back and see us!
Lockport, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very pleasant front desk & staff. Nice attractive grounds & typical clean rooms. Did have a peculiar,almost musty/moldy smell in hallways, but did see several dehumidifiers running in Hallways, so obviously management was aware & trying to address situation. Nice clean & well appointed rooms....nothing extremely fancy, but good for travelers. Morning breakfast was the typical, continental freebie, nothing special but again, area was very clean & the staff was typical southern friendly. Very cute & well decorated lobby area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! We hope you choose us again the next time you are in our area!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel even after reading unfavorable reviews. I travel very often so I am amused at some of the strong dissatisfaction aired publicly. This hotel is extremely acceptable for its classification and price. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is polite and accommodating. Complimentary breakfast. Let's be fair with reviews...one cannot compare this hotel to the Hilton or Hyatt...BUT....you're not paying that top dollar and they give you breakfast. It is very nice for the price and the staff is not in the big buck bracket in earnings!
Good grief...what do some people expect...the Taj Mahal for peanuts??? My ratings are based on the classification of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chere D
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We hope to see you again soon and thanks again!!
North Charleston, SC
Reviewed July 21, 2013

When arriving to my hotel Friday afternoon, there was a small line for check in. The front desk person was dealing with a situation, so I had to wait. The manager (I think) ended up checking me in and let me know that they had experienced flooding in their hotel. Luckily, I was put on the second floor, so no flooding would have effected my room. The room was spacious. The windows were older and needed cleaning, but the room on a whole had been updated. Flat screen TV, typical HIE bedding, and a nice couch adorned this room. What the suite did lack, strangely enough, was a desk, but there was a table set up with all the necessary equipment. The bathroom was tiny, but still clean. I had no problems with sleep, but my wake up call arrived about 10 minutes late. By this time, I had already awoken myself and ventured downstairs. Breakfast was typical with the warm cinnamon buns, cereal, milk, yogurt, and lots of bakery items to chose from. Although there had been flooding, the dining area did not seem effected. It was a good temperature, despite the mugginess of the hotel the night before. I would recommend this hotel but only if you upgrade to a suite. Being an older hotel, a suite gives you more room to move around even if you are by yourself. The staff was excellent and will try to accommodate you in any way possible.

Room Tip: Second Floor: Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks so much for the great feedback you gave us. If you stay with us again,our king rooms have desks. Our two queen bed rooms and suites have tables. They serve a dual purpose for a work area or a table to eat at. Maybe that will help you out more when you stay with us the next time. Also our breakfast items have to be our brand standard and we order within those guidelines. If there are items you would like to have, you can always make suggestions on the website. There maybe others that like your choice as well. If they get the same request, they may see about adding it. I'm happy to hear you had great service and enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in making our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon!!
Central, South Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is one of the better hotels in Greenwood - which just experienced being flooded due to the heavy rains. The weekend we stayed the hotel was booked and they had attempted to clean the entire first floor that had been flooded due to the heavy rains.

The hotel staff - Tracey - was very professional and did the best she could to inform us of the options and appoligize for issues that were way out of her control.

Thank you Tracey - great employee.

The hotel beds were very clean - however after the flooding I feel that the hotel may have to take out all the carpet on the first floor. I am giving them an average in cleanliness only due to the wet carpets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and staff. We did experience problems due to all the rain we had. We have taken care of the situation and did our best to keep our guests happy during this process. We hope you will come and visit us again! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.