“pretty good actually”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed August 16, 2013

this hotel is in one of the best locations for bars and food in the area. the pool outside is really nice clean and quiet, the rooms are clean good quality and comfortable. the staff are really nice Tracey checked us in and was super friendly and helpful sorting us out with king or king suite rooms which are reaasonably priced (good job *Tracey*). the breakfast in the morning could be a little better with more variety but is ok and inclusive of price. the fitness suite is pretty poor to be honest and needs improving. if this place had a bar it would be perfect but i suppose you can't have everything. overall excellent value for money.

Room Tip: go for the king suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear your stay was a great one! That is our goal!
Hurry back and see us!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very pleasant front desk & staff. Nice attractive grounds & typical clean rooms. Did have a peculiar,almost musty/moldy smell in hallways, but did see several dehumidifiers running in Hallways, so obviously management was aware & trying to address situation. Nice clean & well appointed rooms....nothing extremely fancy, but good for travelers. Morning breakfast was the typical, continental freebie, nothing special but again, area was very clean & the staff was typical southern friendly. Very cute & well decorated lobby area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your review! We hope you choose us again the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel even after reading unfavorable reviews. I travel very often so I am amused at some of the strong dissatisfaction aired publicly. This hotel is extremely acceptable for its classification and price. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is polite and accommodating. Complimentary breakfast. Let's be fair with reviews...one cannot compare this hotel to the Hilton or Hyatt...BUT....you're not paying that top dollar and they give you breakfast. It is very nice for the price and the staff is not in the big buck bracket in earnings!
Good grief...what do some people expect...the Taj Mahal for peanuts??? My ratings are based on the classification of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chere D
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We hope to see you again soon and thanks again!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When arriving to my hotel Friday afternoon, there was a small line for check in. The front desk person was dealing with a situation, so I had to wait. The manager (I think) ended up checking me in and let me know that they had experienced flooding in their hotel. Luckily, I was put on the second floor, so no flooding would have effected my room. The room was spacious. The windows were older and needed cleaning, but the room on a whole had been updated. Flat screen TV, typical HIE bedding, and a nice couch adorned this room. What the suite did lack, strangely enough, was a desk, but there was a table set up with all the necessary equipment. The bathroom was tiny, but still clean. I had no problems with sleep, but my wake up call arrived about 10 minutes late. By this time, I had already awoken myself and ventured downstairs. Breakfast was typical with the warm cinnamon buns, cereal, milk, yogurt, and lots of bakery items to chose from. Although there had been flooding, the dining area did not seem effected. It was a good temperature, despite the mugginess of the hotel the night before. I would recommend this hotel but only if you upgrade to a suite. Being an older hotel, a suite gives you more room to move around even if you are by yourself. The staff was excellent and will try to accommodate you in any way possible.

Room Tip: Second Floor: Suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Gail H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thanks so much for the great feedback you gave us. If you stay with us again,our king rooms have desks. Our two queen bed rooms and suites have tables. They serve a dual purpose for a work area or a table to eat at. Maybe that will help you out more when you stay with us the next time. Also our breakfast items have to be our brand standard and we order within those guidelines. If there are items you would like to have, you can always make suggestions on the website. There maybe others that like your choice as well. If they get the same request, they may see about adding it. I'm happy to hear you had great service and enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in making our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is one of the better hotels in Greenwood - which just experienced being flooded due to the heavy rains. The weekend we stayed the hotel was booked and they had attempted to clean the entire first floor that had been flooded due to the heavy rains.

The hotel staff - Tracey - was very professional and did the best she could to inform us of the options and appoligize for issues that were way out of her control.

Thank you Tracey - great employee.

The hotel beds were very clean - however after the flooding I feel that the hotel may have to take out all the carpet on the first floor. I am giving them an average in cleanliness only due to the wet carpets.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and staff. We did experience problems due to all the rain we had. We have taken care of the situation and did our best to keep our guests happy during this process. We hope you will come and visit us again! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I hate to give a "poor" rating to this little HI Express because if you have read my reviews you know that I love an HI Express. So imagine my disappointment after booking a one night stay to be near a friend's lake house and booking the most expensive room available, a suite, to find the suite to be kind of gross. Two main issues: cockroaches and a boarded up ceiling over the shower. Seriously? Boarded up with boards. Not even painted. In a suite? The most impressive feature of this hotel was a really earnest front desk clerk who when there was a medical emergency in the lobby literally sprang into action to make sure the guest's needs were met. HI Express should be proud of that young lady.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Christie L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I would like to appoligize for the issues you had during your stay with us. The bored up hole was an access hole for plumbing. We have painted and fixed up the celing. We get the entire hotel sprayed once a month for bugs and due to the tremendous amount of rain our area recieved we have called and taken care of the problem. Again, we are vey sorry for the issuse.

Christie

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I visit Greenwood often and this was my first overnight stay. I couldn't have been more pleased with the stay. It is a beautifu atmosphere and reception. Customer service was icing on the cake. Thanks for comforts of home.

Room Tip: Checked in at 3PM charp and got the room I reserved online.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Christie L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.