“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Danish runs a tight ship but you must in order to dish out food of this caliber. Everything and I mean everything is delicious.

1  Thank Bobby M
There are newer reviews for Danish's Trattoria

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very high quality Indian food. The owner is a very nice man, he has been a family friend from years ago. I'm not a big fan of spicy food but there are a few foods he offers that are not so spicy. Every time I go I always get a to go cup of his Chai Tea. The atmosphere is like an elegant Indian scene. I have read the other reviews who top rated this restaurant, they are correct! (Pflady) is correct, the owner is Danish which is pronounced "Donnish". I was about to say (ladylad) sounds like my mother, and I realized I wasn't wrong. She definitely knows her food!

1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Danish's restaurant is top quality indian food, and also offers italian dishes. My family and friends and I have eaten countless times at this restaurant. Be ready for a bit of time for service of the meal, but I highly recommend the following, in this order: Get Flying Horse Ale. Order the Samosas with a wonderful tangy red sauce. Samosas are pockets filled with meat and fried. Then order a large antipasto to split. Order Pappodoms with his onion chutney. Then order your curry. If he has lamb that night, get it. But the beef, chicken or shrimp are marvelous as well. For the last order the Chai Tea. marvelous. real. homemade. If you prefer italian, the eggplant parmesan is wonderful. Enjoy.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I go to Greenwood to visit my mother and my sister. Would never go there if I didn't have relatives there. However, I now have another reason to drive that far. Danish's Trattatoria, despite its name, does not serve Danish food. Its owner Danish (pronounced Donnish) does serve Italian (as you will surmise from its name) and Indo-Pak cuisine. Both are equally delicious. If you order the Indo-Pak selections, Danish is delighted, and if you clean your plate, he is likely to bring more (without extra charge). The Indo-Pak selections are as good as I have ever had anywhere in the US. Superb. The Italian selections are also excellent. The eggplant parmesan is the BEST I've ever had - anywhere. The breaded eggplant is light and delicious, not heavy as in most other Italian restaurants. Try to go in the summer - he has a garden behind his restaurant where he raises all the produce he uses in his food. The prices are very reasonable - after all, Greenwood is a small town. Don't just eat here when you happen to be in Greenwood - make a special trip just to eat here!

2  Thank pflady
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Whenever I dine in an ethnic restaurant (which is every chance I get) I'll ask the proprietor "How different would your menu taste in --where ever--?” I've received replies from "very similar" to "a lot different". When asked "Why a lot different?" invariably the reply is that Americans would not like it if the food were the same as in "my" country. I have had the pleasure of dining at Danish's several times. The Indian/Pakistan food is as accurate as the owner can make it with the ingredients that he can get. He prides himself it that fact. Although goat is not on the menu he will have it if you give advance notice and bring a small group. I case you don't know, goat meat is among the tastiest and healthiest of red meats. Although I had not tried any of the Italian dishes on the menu, those that have say they are excellent. When asked why there are Italian dishes on the menu the answer is that one of the cooks is also an excellent Italian chef. I may never try the Italian specialties at Danish's because authentic Indian cuisine is hard to find. Danish's is a Greenwood SC gem.