“"Great stay and excellent room rate."”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here while in Greenwood, SC. The front desk staff were super nice and extemely helpful. The housekeeepers really kept the room clean and fully stocked with everything we needed. The amenities couldn't be beat at this great price. Best continental breakfast ever. We highly recommend staying here for short or long term visits.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
abvigreenwood01, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Bill E,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly service. If you ever return to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We got to the hotel at 6:00a.m. after driving all night. Offered to pay an extra half day to check in early as arrival time was listed as 11:00. The girl who checked us in said it wasn't necessary and gave us our room key. Place was a dive but we were tired. When we got up at noon the manager on duty told me I needed to pay an extra night because we checked in early (not half a day but the whole night). Didn't feel like arguing as we were booked for a week there. But soon realized there was no maid service (even after calling and requesting clean towels, etc.) Our last day we took some iguanas and our 3ft american alligator into the room for a few hours so we could work on their enclosure which had some electrical issues and it was 20 degrees outside. Someone saw us carry the gator into the room and called the police, etc. We straightened everything out with the local authorities and then the same stupid foreign manager called me to the front desk and told me I owed him over 2K for the pets. I apologized, and offered to pay a pet fee for the day for the few hours they were in there and he and his wife started screaming that I had them in there for 7 days and it was 50 per day per pet. They are the most filthy theiving group of people I've ever met and I'll make sure everyone knows to never go there. They give foreigners a bad name - there was absolutely no reasoning or talking to them. We checked out early and I'll be contacting American Express as well as the franchise itself to let them know how shady this place it.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another facility as fast as you can.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank traveler6308

Dear traveler6308,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with us. I understand your concerns regarding your stay. As you know, having reptiles uncaged and unprotected in our guest rooms poses serious safety concerns for our patrons and staff. Not to mention the liability involved. We were never asked permission to allow the use of our facilities to harbor these reptiles. Furthermore, there are wildlife permits required in the State of South Carolina and strict guidelines regarding their care. We do not condone any illegal activity at our inn. All State and local laws will be strictly enforced.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Bed had dirty linen on 1, no top sheet on other. waste baskets had not been emptied from previous guest. Goffee maker broken. "Continential Breakfast" consisted of 4 slices of bread. Staft and manager rude and untrained. NO Wi-Fi as advertised. Altogether a Nightmare..

Room Tip: Close another motel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jdouglas13

Dear jdouglas13,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. I am not sure why the breakfast only had 4 slices of bread. Breakfast items typically include 2 types of cereal, waffles, bagels, muffins, pastries, milk, and orange/apple juice. Coffee is available 24-hours/day in our lobby. If you had an issue, we would have gladly taken care of it. We have recently hired new housekeepers. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

When I arrived I knew there was going to be a pet fee. I took my 2 dogs in with me when I checked in. The clerk even petted my dogs. I was told how much the bill was going to be and I paid it. I was in the room maybe 2 hours when the front desk called demanding additional payment for the pets. I told the lady who was screaming at me, that I had already paid and had a receipt she kept yelling pay it or I call the cops. The mistake was with their employee who checked me in. It was not my fault the clerk failed to charge me the pet fee and I was made to leave because I refused to pay them more money. DO NOT STAY at this motel, especially if you have pets. Management is rude beyond belief. I will never go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Petlover16

Dear Petlover16,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered with us. We are a pet-friendly facility. I do understand your concerns regarding our error in not collecting the pet fee upon checkin. However, we did contact you to collect payment once we realized the error. Unfortunately, this does not exempt you from having to pay the fee all-together. It was an oversight on our end. I do apologize for the inconvenience. The pet fee covers the cost of having to specially clean the rooms due to the pet.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

The staff at this hotel were very polite, friendly, and helpful. We really appreciated the hospitality the desk clerk gave my husband and myself when checking in. He gave us some great tips on places to eat and some activities to do around the area. The rooms were overall very clean and the beds were very comfortable to sleep on. The room looked like it was recently renovated because everything looked up to date except the TV, although it still wasn't disappointing. Since the hotel is located a little inside from the main road, the area was very quiet and we got a good night's rest. There was a full continental breakfast served in the morning which consisted of orange and apple juice, coffee, cereal, milk, and more. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel because it was well worth the price and would recommend it to anyone visiting around the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This hotel is not SAFE! Rude staff and owner, tried to overchage me wehn I arrived. After arguing for 10 min and showing them my confirmation number with the price I was quoted the lowered my rate to what it should have been. Pool was empty, sketchy people looming the hallways. Room Was FILTYH!!!!! Pubic Hairs all ove bathroom Floor, Burn holes in the bedspreads. When I called for the maid to reclean she just swept the hairs out onto the CARPET!!! The final blow was when a large man with a ripped tee shirt just waked into our room!!!!!!!!! We immediately packed our car and left!! We were t here for 30 min max. When we were leaving somone was screaming in the hallway that an employee of the hotel had just bitten him!! If you value your safety you will not stay here....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Paige62
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed here on a weekend get away with my babe. We checked in and everything looked ok. but we soon found out that the fridge didn't work, the floor had a wet spot, and when we pulled the covers back on the bed the sheets looked like they had been used. So be me having experience in the hotel biz i know its possible to overlook something so I called the desk to report the problem and request another room the manager got on the phone with a snappy attitude and told me basically i didn't know what i was talking about. so i insisted he come fix it and he agreed with me and finally moved us to a better room but i still didn't feel comfortable. and the cleanliness of the hotel is not good at all

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple