“Very nice economical hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and quality of this hotel.

I usually stay in the big chain hotels. This small, privately owned hotel is a pretty clean and nice hotel at 1/2 of the cost of the big chains.

Rooms are around $60 / nite. Staff is very friendly and wireless connection is FAST.

Really nice outdoor pool and common area.

Stay here and save some $$$

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Darren B
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am unfortunately writing this view about this hotel not because of the quality. Everything was wonderful right until my last day when the company I work for sent me a package. I explained to the front desk that I would be receiving it the day before and the morning it came. When I got off work I walked into the lobby to pick it up and noticed that it had been opened. When I asked the guy at the front desk he said he didn't know how or why it was opened. I felt like I had been violated and because of this 8 will make sure my company never books us in this hotel chain again!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank supercalafra8l
Reviewed December 14, 2013

For the price and the ratings I was very afraid to book this hotel but only one close to hosp and very cheap. I was very pleasantly surprised. They have Security, well lit, fridge, microwave, WiFi in rooms. Room very comfortable. I stayed from Sunday to Sunday b/c I have a newborn granddaughter that will be in NICU probably a month or two and I live too far away to drive up every day. I will be staying there off and on during her hosp stay so I was very relieved that this hotel is as nice as it is. It does have some dated and worn out décor but believe me I have stayed at 4 star hotels that wasn't as nice as this one. Very clean. I love that the tub had a rail to hold on to. and the toilet seat is taller, you don't feel like you're sitting on the floor w/ your knees pass your ears. LOL The staff was very nice and accommodating. I want to commend the owners and their staff. It's very affordable and ideal location for anyone w/ a family member in the Greenville Hosp, same road as Bob Jones. Even though it is the cheapest hotel and very nice it is still expensive when you have to stay weeks at a time. I do wish they had a deal for people that have family members in hosp and they book for a week or more. I asked if they had a monthly rate but they didn't. But I'm still extremely satisfied. I'm already telling people it's a great place to stay if they need a hotel in Greenville.

Room Tip: Maybe you should request a room that's not next to a breezeway or stairs. Our room was a corner...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed in this location for 3 weeks while relocating from Minnesota. I cant speak for all the rooms but the one I had was clean and well kept. The bed linens were clean, the room smelled nice and everything worked as described. I had a non smoking room, (there are smoking rooms) and it faced the pool area. The grounds around the building were well kept as well. The parking lot was well lit, as were the hallways and stairwells. There is a guest laundry area which also came in handy as it didn't cost a arm and a leg. The free breakfast in the morning was very well done, they had everything from danish to sausage and waffles. The staff was nice, friendly and took care of anything I requested. This location is close to the freeway, and a drive to downtown only took about 10-15 mins tops. All in all, I would stay here again if needed. One last note - The staff appears to be upgrading the grounds and rooms. I saw a lot of maintenance being done during my stay that was done during daytime hours. Also, I did not have bug problem. I didn't see any while I was there.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter as they are not facing the parking areas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

PROS: Price, very comfortable bed, relatively clean, fitness center, micro fridge in room.
CONS: Outdated, no sprinkler system, poor fit & finish (curtains don't cover the window), breakfast food not very fresh, first room (non-smoking) smelled like smoke.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

There were about 5 or 6 baby cockroaches a day. We found them in the sink, bathroom, and behind the beds.
There were maggots in the skim milk at breakfast.

The room was clean other than that. The front desk staff were friendly.

The wifi did not work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank grechine
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our room had 3 light bulbs out when I stepped into the room. Noticed one cockroach climb to the top of plastic cup I had put some red wine in about after about an hour. In the morning, turned bathroom light on and watched 3 roaches scuttle out of sight...Informed desk upon checkout and was not surprised that clerk was not surprised....Took this place becuase the SleepInn also on Pleasanburg Drive was booked out...I am a Diamond Choice Hotel member and this is one of the skankier I have stayed in. For what I paid for the freakin room, I expect a partial refund!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business