All reviewswafflesfirst floorroom was cleanrefrigerator and microwavehot breakfasthaywood mallwater pressurean older hotelstay there againplace to sleepdowntown areastaff was friendlyfree breakfastnice staygravyinterstatepillows
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Cost savings was my objective and this property fit the bill.

It seemed clean enough. I asked front desk to communicate to housekeeping to ONLY replace towels. That was not done.

The water pressure was so forceful it actually was painful.

The breakfast was super basic and duplicated each day. The clerk working breakfast seemed mad at the world.

I would not choose to go back.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia H
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Cynthia H,

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to our hotel. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments are very important to us as we strive to upgrade and make improvements. Again we apologize for any inconvenience to you. We wish you safe and happy travels.

Qualaity Inn & Suites Haywood Mall

Reviewed May 3, 2018

This place is the pits. It is dirty, the management is rude, and it is not a good value. There are many, many other choices nearby. What they call a suite, I would call a closet. It was in the process of switching over to become a Quality Inn from the next-step-up hotel that it was. I was told they were doing that because to remain as they were, they had to have a restaurant. If the hotel is any indication, I am glad they don't have a restaurant. The food would be inedible.

Stayed: December 2017
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Dear James K,

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and you were not pleased with our services. I must disagree with your statements, this hotel is not the pits, nor is it dirty. Our rates are always comparable to our compitation. We are proud to be a Quality Inn & Suites.

Qualiy Inn & Suites Haywood Mall

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

In general, the room was nice, but there was an odd room that we never figured out what it was. Did a hot water heater originally go there? Is it a room to color with your crayons cause we certainly diid not pack crayons. Our visit was a stressful,quick one but we entertained ourselves with questions about that room. Housekeeping has no concept of the do not disturb sign because English is not their primary language. Due to health issues, we needed to stay one more day. And we put out the do not disturb sign but they only knew we were on some list to check out. We had issues at check in because we used booking.com who evidently does not quickly send over same day reservations. The staff agreed to our quoted rate out of niceness. I appreciated that but it was a step that should not have been necessary. My husband had just gotten out of the hospital and I didnt know if we would be able to make the trip until the last minute. Booking.com added stress to an already stressful situation but Quality Inn staff quickly stepped up to the plate! Much appreciated Quality Inn!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Porchpals
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Dear Porchpals,

Thank you for taking time to let us know of your experience while staying with us. We apologize for the problems you experienced especially with Booking.com. Hopefully your husband is on the road to recovery and back to good health. We are glad that we could help. Your business is important to us and is always appreciated.

Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area

Reviewed February 16, 2018

I have never made a critical review of a hotel. In fact, I normally try to compliment those who try hard, even when things don't go as planned. But with that said, I am compelled to leave a review in this case. On January 4th I made a reservation for this location for a February 13th Check-In. I showed up on the evening of the 13th, and one of the rudest front desk clerk's I've ever met named Nathan Espinoza (at least that's the name he gave me) said I had no reservation. I showed him the confirmation # on my phone. He then said my reservation had been cancelled earlier that day because my credit card had been declined. I apologized when I remembered that we had a replacement card mailed out earlier that week due to fraudulent activity. In the most rude and unprofessionalism little attitude, he says, "...well it was your responsibility to call us with the new number. You can make a new reservation but it will be more money because this was your fault...". In a perfect world I agree that it would've been great if I had remembered to call with the new number...just like it would've been easy for the hotel to call my cell number on file and in 15 seconds get my new credit card #. They would have had a guest, and I would not have had to go find a new hotel out of principle...which I certainly did within 5 minutes. I called and spoke with Front Desk Supervisor Sharon the next morning. She was professional and cordial when she explained their process. Simply put, if the card is declined, they cancel the reservation. They don't call to get updated number. Fair enough if that is their process. But businesses who employ people like Nathan will learn one way or another that customers have options. Ultimately, businesses need us more than we need them because I found another hotel (and even paid more money for it) within 5 minutes. My colleagues and I will be in Greenville a lot over the next year, and we will never stay there as long as Nathan, and people who treat customers like him, remain there. Businesses will learn that it's not always what is said; it's how it is said. I don't wish any business ill-will, but customers beware if people like Nathan remain there. Life is too short to give a person who acts like him your hard-earned dollars...

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeSouthCarolina182
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear MikeSouthCarolina182,

On behalf of our entire staff, we sincerely apologize for the way your reservation was handled when you arrived. Thank you for your review so we knew of this experience. Rest assured we have addressed the issue and improvements will be made. We want you to know that your business is important to us and is always appreciated. We do hope you will give us another chance to prove we are a great place to stay in Greenville.

Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Came to Greenville to start a new job and locate a place to live and stayed here for 4 nights. I had checked several hotels out online and this one seemed to hit the sweet spot of price and decent reviews which proved to be true. The room was very clean and comfortable, there is an exercise room on the premises, and the usual breakfast (I only had juice and fruit, but it looked pretty good actually). If I had to say something negative, it would be that the bathroom was rather small (didn't really bother me, but many hotels have bigger bathrooms), the faucet was backwards (had to turn the handle to cold to get hot water), and they had turned the ice machines off because they are located outside and it was too cold (not sure I understand the logic of that one, but that was what I was told). Other than that, this place was a very good value.

Stayed: January 2018
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear dalijon,

Congratulations on a new job and welcome to Greenville, South Carolina. Thank you for choosingour hotel while searching for a place to live. Your business is very important to us and is always appreciated. Again, we hope you enjoy living in upstate South Carolina.

Quality Inn & Suites Haywood Mall