“Pretty decent room for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville

Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Greenville
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Pretty decent room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in June. In between selling and purchasing a home. Room was clean, and people at front desk were pleasant. The breakfast is really good- much more then just a muffin and banana. They serve a hot meal that will hold you for a while. The only complaint that I have is that we paid a fee so that our cat could stay with us- which was fine. What wasn't fine was coming back to a uncleaned room because housekeeping wouldn't clean a room with a cat in it. I'm just thinking that if you allow pets, you need to have people cleaning the rooms that a pet friendly. A family of 4 needs a clean room/towels at the end of a crazy day.

1 Thank EmmieMK
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review Thank you for taking the time to review your guest experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was very impressed by this hotel. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. The pool was great. The price was way low for what we paid for. Usually for $70/night a hotel is crappy, but this place was excellent. When we were checking out the manager gave us her business card and told us to call her personally and she would make the rate even better. From my understanding, this hotel specifically is under new management and they are turning it around and making it better! Highly recommend if you are looking for a cheaper rate AND a nice and comfortable hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Your review is so important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations. Please come see us again.
CRYSTAL RIVER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Clarion is an old motel which has remodeled rooms. The buildings are not in great condition, but the room itself was fine. We needed to change rooms to accommodate our bicycles and the person at the front desk refused to move us. There were many empty rooms available. There were some VERY loud guests late into the night and early in the morning.
I would pay more for a better place if I were in Greenville again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank KLSCrystalRiver
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your accommodations at our hotel. The hotel has been completely renovated and extremely well maintained. We will address the issue with room assignment with guest services to make sure the guest request are met when possible.
Thank you for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nothing fancy. Outdoor entry hotel, but clean room and bathroom. Bathroom was very small. Did not try breakfast. Really good rate and close to downtown Greenville. In a decent area that was near other higher end hotels and the mall.

• 4 of 5 stars
We are so glad that you found our hotel to be a good value. Next time try the breakfast it is really good. We appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope you will make us a regular stop when you are in the Greenville area.
acebaby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here two nights. At first, when we pulled up, I noticed it was an older hotel, but looked clean and painted and well kept, but I was not sure what we would get. I stuck it out to go get my key and check out the room. I was in for a nice surprise, as the room had been updated, and it was clean. The pool area was clean and upkept as well. The front desk is very friendly and accommodating with anything we asked of them. I really appreciated that. We had a suite, which was roomy. The bed was VERY COMFORTABLE! Even more than nicer hotels we usually stay at. As long as you do not expect this to be a Hilton or Ritz, you will be happy..you are getting a clean hotel, with updated rooms, for a great value and friendly staff. The older couple that makes breakfast is so adorable, but we skipped it after we had it the first day and went to Stax Omega, which was a good decision.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience .We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We value you as a guest, and please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Really don't know how this place is ranked so high. Not a bad place but wouldn't consider it anything above average. I have stayed here at least four times and on three occasions I've found issues where housekeeping was lacking. On the most recent stay I found a pair of dirty socks in the corner on the floor. How good is housekeeping really cleaning the room if they don't pick up a pair of dirty socks on the floor. I may stay here again considering it's a decent price and they have a decent breakfast but there are much better places to stay in town.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jbbtrvlr
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the issue that you encountered with housekeeping, though I am glad you found the room to be clean and comfortable. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again.
Southold, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were only in town for 1 night and it was our 1st time in the area. We didn't have a reservation and before this hotel tried some others in the area and they were all booked. So glad they were we had a great stay at this hotel for a very reasonable price. I wanted a king size bed so we got a 2 room suite with a tv in each room for under $100.00. I have trouble sleeping in hotels cause I don't feel like they're clean enough but in this place I had no trouble it was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only negative I can say is the bathroom was very small but I usually don't hang out in bathrooms so not a big issue. They offered a free breakfast which people were raving about but I woke up too late for it. I have family in this area and will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home. We are so glad that your stay was peaceful and we look forward to seeing you again!