“Pleasantly surprised!”

Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

To begin with, I will preface this review by stating that I booked this room at an insanely inexpensive rate via Groupon... so I wasn't expecting much going into this. When I pulled up to the hotel, the outside appearance isn't the greatest (in fact I remember thinking " oh **** " - fill in the blanks with whatever you choose). The individual at reception was very courteous and gave me all of the necessary information about the hotel. The room was clean, quiet, and had a new flat-screen TV (I liked that). The wireless internet was also very strong - so strong in fact that I was able to watch Netflix (I can't always do that in hotels because of signal strength). The breakfast in the morning was good - certainly the quality was good. Overall I enjoyed this hotel - it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Amanda S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for the review that you did for our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoy'd your stay with us and that you were able to use a groupon for it. We look forward to seeing you and your family again

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast, no recognition for being Elite Diamond member.I wasn't even asked what type of room I wanted. I was sent to the second floor before I realized. I was told to go down the hill and you will find your room. Looked at my room key and turned around and gave it back. Elite Diamond members no respect at this hotel for loyalty.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Erick M
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I am so sorry that you did not get the attention that an Elite Diamond Member should receive. Our Elite Diamond Members are very important to us and in this case we certainly did not live up to expectations.
According to our records, the room assigned was the only room type we had available at the time of check-in. As far as the directions,, due to the location of the lobby, your room was in the area as directed. I think if you had looked at the room, you would have been pleasantly surprised at all we have to offer.
None of this matters if we have an unhappy guest, and I can understand how you must have felt and again, I am so sorry this happened to you and for any inconvenience this caused you.
At the time we did the right thing by not charging for the room.
We do appreciate your business and the business of all Elite Diamond Members,.
We wish you safe and happy travels.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the hot breakfast was excellent and the building was well maintained. I was very happy with the value received. Also convenient to restaurants, shopping and gas stations. Didn't use the pool but it looked in great shape.

Room Tip: The hotel is setup lengthwise. If you want to be close to the restaurant, lobby and breakfast get a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dallasskibum
Amanda S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback we are glad to see that you had a good stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We has a king suite so we would have the sofa sleeper. It took up the entire living space and could only sleep a child comfortably. I wouldn't put an adult on that. The bedroom was huge and living space was cramped. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. It was the deciding factor for me between this place and another hotel and it was pretty gross. Plus, nothing was labelled and it is served in the bar. The walls are filthy. The rooms were clean enough and the pet policy was the most reasonable around. The pool was cold. Location was convenient enough but I wouldn't stay again.

1  Thank TheTravelingCircus
claudiafoley, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay we are using your feedback to work on emproving the issues that you found.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Clarion for two nights on a recent visit to Greenville. The room was clean, the beds were comfy and the linens were great. We had a fridge, microwave and a flat screen tv with HBO. The staff was helpful and friendly. The only disappointment was breakfast. The ambiance was not great. Breakfast is served in the Wings restaurant which contains a bar. The actual breakfast setup is awkward. The food was okay. This could be improved on? It is located right next to Haywood Mall. Downtown is close by. Clarion is a great choice.

1  Thank cherryames1949
claudiafoley, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for the review that you have done for us. I have brought the issues that you pointed out with our breakfast to the mamagement and we are working on fixing that. We are glad to see that you did enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We reserved a King-size room and it had a desk and also a chair along with the usual refrigerator and microwave. Nice unit over the appliances gave you plenty of "counter space" to put things. Loved that. Room was basically as clean as you get. Bed linens, towels, countertops no problems. I always notice the dirt in cracks in a bathroom and the wear and tear on rugs, but I'm a bit icky when it comes to carpet. Breakfast had plenty of options if you're not a vegetarian. Lots of hot food, but only cheerios and colored stuff for cereals. Fortunately there was oatmeal and waffles. No pastries, but small muffins, bagels and bread. Enough to fill you up and a large area with plenty of tables and booths. Bed comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheNatureInUsdotcom
claudiafoley, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We would like to take a moment and thank you for your review. I am glad to see that your stay with us was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Room was very clean, but average amenities . Outside room entry versus interior corridors did not make us feel as secure, especially since our room was in the rear of the hotel and quite far from the office-with few others on that side of the building. Just off I-85, so it is convenient to hop off the road for a night.Close to shopping and restaurants if that is your interest. The best part of the stay was the hot breakfast buffet. Great options that actually had flavor. At the low rate, this breakfast was a great surprise. Can't beat this value for a place to stay for a night or two while traveling. However, it would not be the best place if you are looking to be in the room a lot as there is not much to offer on the premises.

1  Thank rmixson71
claudiafoley, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback we are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyd the breakfast. Our staff works hard here to make sure that every guest has an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.